what are the difference's between all the years on dodge?

Jet Fuel

I'm looking for a break down on what the difference's are and what changes were made on the motors, what to stay away from and look for etc.

I'm not a complete novice, I know about the 12valve, p-pump, vp pump, 24 valve and common rail, I just don't know the years the changes were made and whats good or bad.

Looking at the 2000-2001ish years based on price range. It would be a daily driver that does weekend fun tow duty.

Any info would be appreciated thanks Ben.

89-93 12v ve pump, 94-98 12v p pump, 98.5-02 24v vp44, 03+ cp3

Probably 365 days and 1/4. Assuming they followed the calendar to the T.

The best year is 1999 In my opinion. Take the fuel fliter out, air filter(its a diesel you don't need these things), buy too different chips and stack them together....you'll have all the power and reliability you'll need for towing. Oh and whatever you do make sure you get the automatic transmission.

Hope this helps you in your search for a cummins!

89-93 12v ve pump, 94-98 12v p pump, 98.5-02 24v vp44, 03+ cp3

Thanks thats what I was looking for

I know great first post. I have a higher post count on psn(yes I have a powerstroke) but I'd probably catch all kinds of hell if I asked about dodge stuff there. I don't know much about dodge and this was the only place that I knew of that had guys that could educate me.

The best year is 1999 In my opinion. Take the fuel fliter out, air filter(its a diesel you don't need these things), buy too different chips and stack them together....you'll have all the power and reliability you'll need for towing. Oh and whatever you do make sure you get the automatic transmission.

Hope this helps you in your search for a cummins!

So do I just stack the chips on top of the vp pump or plug them into the cigarette lighter.
I have heard how amazing the cummingza is I didn't know they could run on dirt to.

edited for multi-quotes

So do I just stack the chips on top of the vp pump or plug them into the cigarette lighter.
I have heard how amazing the cummingza is I didn't know they could run on dirt to.

Damn I need to learn how to multi-quote

Ima not sure bout that stackin chips...just heard bout it. and yeah aslong is you ain't entering in no demolititonm derby you be ok wit know air filter.theise cumms are that good.

Ima not sure bout that stackin chips...just heard bout it. and yeah aslong is you ain't entering in no demolititonm derby you be ok wit know air filter.theise cumms are that good.

Ha ha. but seriously, by your sarcasm it sounds like I should hold out for common rail or go with a p-pump 12 valve.

I'd go with a 12 valve or a CR either way. Would not fukking touch a VP unless I had a p-pump to throw on it.

^cigarette lighter has a more constant voltage, hell the I'm running my 12V tuner through it

Back