what are the ramifications of running marines in a non marine application?

12vlv

what are the ramifications of running marines in a non marine application?
purchased a set of injectors and they turned out to be 155deg spray paterns. what down sides are there to running these in street app without marine pistons?
:doh::doh::doh::bang

Smoke and egts is why most complain but they do make cheap power, im still running them now and have no complaints use the search button and learn all about em

Mostly the fact that if you want to be cheap you go that route. Incorrect spray patter. If that doesn't explain it enough then..buy something else.

well obviously they will be spraying outside the bowl. my biggest connsern is the drawbacks. spray pattern was not advertised. found this out by searching. i can deal with the smoke and im still only hitting 1150 deg on the pyro. will these wash cyl walls and cause excessive wear and oil consumption like overfueling a gasser?

what other mods do you have?
as far as your cyl walls go that i can not answer with a positive answer i would think it wont heart you maybe someone smarter will chime in

#0 fuel plate,afc full forward,16 deg timing,bhaf,new trans,triple disk conv, guages-pyro,bost,transtemp

What year truck? Is the pyro probe in the manifold or after the turbo?

my friend bought a 94 from a guy that had started doing performance upgrades before any companies were really into making anything for the p-pump trucks. it had marine 370s with the 155* pattern. he said he held it wide open on the highway too long once and he melted a piston. That motor is now in RJM06590's (on here) truck. don't know if he ever heard this story but it ran good last time i saw it. but the last owner (my friend that bought the truck) ditched the 370s i believe after i told them they like to run hot and then he heard that story. I believe in using parts that are meant to work with each other.

I've got a set of the 370's and they run real hot(1400) is the hottest ive seen, not towing. And smokes pretty good!!!

my 370s and a 100 plate slid a little forward would peg the 1600 gauge relatively quick with the stock turbo and i ran it like that for a long time, now im not recomending them and im not saying it wont melt a piston but it didnt melt mine and i used to drive it like i stole it i also had stock timing

im sorry maybe i should of quoted displacedtexan im just agreeing with what he said i realize that there is a difference between our pumps im trying to learn just as 12vlv if his pump is smaller than mine wouldnt he half to do more to get as much heat as i was in turn making it harder for him to melt something please school me on this

Ramification is a cool word

The drawback is incomplete combustion.
If you are running the marine injector you are not doing anything different than was done 8-10 years ago. By alot of folks. I doubt you'll burn a piston because 12 valves are freaking tough, but you could do much better for the overall performance of the hotrod with some better nozzles.

yeah im thinkin better nozzles this time, it was a good deal so maybe they will go in a mud toy

ive been running 370s for years and currently making over 500 with a set in my 97 180pump at 32 degrees of timing.. .when i did my head gasket the burn pattern was just bairly above the combustion chamber but mostly inside. my egts dont go much over 1300 at way over 100mph and is fine doing some medium wieght trailer towing.. just my experiance. The marine piston in a 370hp motor does have a larger combustion chamber and runs 24degrees of timing stock..

my friend bought a 94 from a guy that had started doing performance upgrades before any companies were really into making anything for the p-pump trucks. it had marine 370s with the 155* pattern. he said he held it wide open on the highway too long once and he melted a piston. That motor is now in RJM06590's (on here) truck. don't know if he ever heard this story but it ran good last time i saw it. but the last owner (my friend that bought the truck) ditched the 370s i believe after i told them they like to run hot and then he heard that story. I believe in using parts that are meant to work with each other.

nope that's just another thing that pos never told me. Was it rebuilt cirrectly? Cause nithing else on the truck was.

nope that's just another thing that pos never told me. Was it rebuilt cirrectly? Cause nithing else on the truck was.

hey hey hey... the bodywork was done correctly. i did the cab corners and fixed a huge rot hole in the roof above the windshield and a big ol' CB antenna hole smack dab in the center of the roof. he only gave me like two days (well actually like two nights) to finish it so we could use his booth. but it turned out good.

Back