What are your trans temps

larry

For everyone with a fully built 48re with a triple disk what are you running for daily driving and then for towing temps in the pan?

Mine probe is in the HOT cooler line not in the pan but I see @130 normal driving and between 130-150 towing. Only time it goes over 150 is stop and go traiffic, even then I've never seen over 180. Hope that helps.ROB

well, I'm a little farther south and I see 165 in the winter and most I've seen so far is 185 and that's getting on it pretty good.

Normal driving on the highway I see 70-80* above ambient, while in stop and go traffic I see 90-110* above ambient. Towing is no different as I use my lockup switch to control converter heat.

My probe is in the HOT line.

130-160 on the highway. The cooler the air the lower the temps. Typically 180-190 in town. Stop and go or sitting in a drive-thru you can sit there and watch the needle creep up. In Vegas traffic Ive seen 210, close to 220. Double deep Mag-Hytech pan and probe in hot cooler line...

My temps typically run between 130-145 on the highway above 55 degs F. Drag racing or sitting at stop lights it easily goes to around 180-190 and hovers there. My probe is in the hotline with double deep trans pan.

UPDATE: Since I blew my hot side cooler line this Sunday :bang I just installed a stock line today and put the sensor in the DD pan. I'm actually seeing higher temperatures in the pan. Now it seems to run right at 150 all the time, I would've thought it would read higher in the hot line but it doesn't seem to be the case. I just put it in tonight so I'll post later on what I see with this new setup..ROB

Back