What brand do you run and why???

Cumminsguy94

Its always interesting to hear why people choose a certain brand of truck over another. Is it cause your family always drove one? Or have had horror stories with another brand? I guess for me my family has always had fords so my first truck was a 97 Powerstroke. Good truck for sure after i swapped a d60 into it...... But it eventually got sold and about a year later i bought a 94 Dodge 12v.
Its rusted out, dented, seats tore, and all the paint is sun faded. But i would take the dodge any day of the week and twice on sunday over the ford. I just love the reliability and simplicity of the old dodges. From the moment i got that truck i was a cummins guy. So what are some of your guys stories???

6.0's are for rich folk :soap:

thats my horror story LOL

I was born and raised in a GM family, bought my first Cummins at 18, second one at 20, parted the first one out and sold the second POS, bought a duramax at 22 and if I ever leave the duramax camp its gonna be for a 6.4psd

I would like to get a ford again possibly........... but it would likely have a cummins in it haha

Work for Cummins, raised anti-ford, would like to try out a d-max but don't wanna pay the arm and leg people are asking. On my second Ram now, prior was '07 5.9 with Firepunk trans and smarty TNT-R. Smokey, peppy, fun, should have kept it and built it up, but didn't wanna drop $10K+ more money into it. So was going to get out of diesel, realized i couldn't deal with just driving a regular car or 1/2 ton. Found a sweet Deep water blue laramie, and it was manny tranny. 2 weeks later I went and got it. Now that my DPF is magically MIA, I'm happy with it

Jeep. Because my wife says so. Dodge because my job says so. Chevy Family.

I was raised around Chevys, my dad bought a Ford once. Keyword being ONCE. I stayed with Chevy because I've never had a reason to switch, I'm not against Ford or Dodge per say, they just aren't as appealing to me. I do prefer the Dodges over the 2014 GM trash.

I've had all 3. I just can't get away from the Cummins. Especially 12 valves. I love them. Dodge is just a shipping crate for Cummins tho.

Sent from my paperweight

My dad always had dodges growing up including a first gen and his side of the family had mopar muscle cars back in the day, then a family friend gave me a ride in his cummins with a tuner and I was hooked. Never owned any other brand til last year I bought a ranger to drive to work

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

My Dad drove Dodges when I was a kid before they had Cummins in them, they leaked oil, would hang the shifter up on every date, and was always rusted out after 6 months of ownership. So I drove Chevys (pretty and fast) then in 95 I bought a Cummins......... I've owned a lot of them since then, have 8 right now and one 06 CCSB 4X4 with a 6.0 that needs to find a new home. will be posting it for sale this week. Love me some 5.9's

I have Dodge because of the engine, not because of the truck it comes in.

I'm not so much pro-ford or pro-dodge as I am anti-chevy. I hate cheap chevy junk. As far as the engines go, it's a no-brainer which one is best.

Raised in a chevy family but there were one or two Fords that crept into the mix. After driving the piss out of my 05 Chevy 1500 I saw my current truck sitting on a dealers lot. Went in and they offered me the same money to trade it in as I had paid for it 2 years earlier. Bang: proud owner of a duramax. Hard to beat the comfort and reliability of a duramax backed by an Allison. Say what you will about IFS but my truck rides better than any Ford or Cummins I've been in.

If it came down to looks alone I might go with a Superduty. If I were to buy a motor, it would be a cummins. But best all around package goes to GM.

Last edited:
Born and raised in Dodges... My old man, and my grandfather who I am very close with both had dodge cummins when I was growing up so it just kinda stuck. Of course when I turned 16 and bought my first cummins my old man converted to Chevys for some unknown reason and now has owned three different d-max's. Grandpa still has his 07 Mega though... He'll never part with that damn thing.

Raised in a chevy family but there were one or two Fords that crept into the mix. After driving the piss out of my 05 Chevy 1500 I saw my current truck sitting on a dealers lot. Went in and they offered me the same money to trade it in as I had paid for it 2 years earlier. Bang: proud owner of a duramax. Hard to beat the comfort and reliability of a duramax backed by an Allison. Say what you will about IFS but my truck rides better than any Ford or Cummins I've been in.

If it came down to looks alone I might go with a Superduty. If I were to buy a motor, it would be a cummins. But best all around package goes to GM.

That's pretty much how I feel about it, except for I'll never own another dodge for a DD

I was a Cummins guy long before I ever owned a Dodge Cummins. I've always been extremely satisfied with their Straight 6 cylinder applications. Anything from still being able to see the Crosshatches on a 1 Million Mile Cummins L10 to the low end off idle grunt that the Big Cam 3's had. I've never been fond of anything Loud (Anxiety), and liked how much quieter a comparable Cummins powered equipment was vs a 2 Stroke Detroit Diesel product. I also like how the oil stays remotely close to the Engine...

Back