What broke in the tranny?

GatorRam

Had a pop last night and tranny would not transmit power. I was able to coast it into a parking lot 'till this morning. The truck will run. It has NO response in any gear and it will NOT roll when in park. I have a laminated flexplate and I checked that, it seems to be fine. I also have a billet input. Do you think it could be the intermediate?

Adam

what were you doing when you heard said pop?

I was actually accelerating in town in the rain, so nothing traumatic. Not to say that I don't beat on it now and again, but this was just normal driving. Like I said, it was raining and you know how easy it is to spin the tries on wet pavement and there was none of that going on. If it is a shaft, I can't believe it didn't happen while drag racing or goofin' around. Possibly a fracture from before that finally went all the way through?

I have seen stock imputs go a half mile away from a hard launch. How long have you had the trans?

Output is my bet. It only takes about 55 minutes to find out. Drop the transfercase and you can see if that's the problem. Otherwise, you're already halfway done taking out the transmission. ;)

brandon.

I see you have a billet input but if you do not have a billet drum or the new one piece billet shaft and drum you most likely cracked the drum and stripped the splines in the drum. Your input will be fine but you will need a new drum (of the billet persuation) no noise runs smooth with no chatter but it will go nowhere. I have seen a couple trucks do this and a new drum solves the problem.

Back