What built trans?

Cummins_Bred

Cummins R&D Tech
I've got eyes on Suncoast, Garmin, and Goerend. Have someone looking into DTT but i've heard some bad publicity. What i'd get from suncoast and garmin are comparable in price, haven't called goerend yet. What do you guys run, what power levels, how long (miles/years) have you been running them, and how was your dealings in customer support? I'm very indecisive :lolly:

I run goerend parts and have great luck with them. I have heard good things about Garmon but never tried them. Im loyal to Dave and always will be.

Customer support....Lavon@ Firepunk diesel, great to deal with and builds an awesome trans!

Throw Lavon Miller/Firepunk Diesel into your list of options too. I've installed 5 in the last 3 months and they ROCK! (and he's semi close to you too).
My Firepunk tranny will be going in my 06 next week sometime

^Treed!

Throw Lavon Miller/Firepunk Diesel into your list of options too. I've installed 5 in the last 3 months and they ROCK! (and he's semi close to you too).
My Firepunk tranny will be going in my 06 next week sometime

^Treed!

Boom.

Customer support....Lavon@ Firepunk diesel, great to deal with and builds an awesome trans!

This. Have about 20k on mine. Zero issues with towing majority of time, usually overloaded. Right around 400HP, based on 1/4 times. Just went to the shop to double that number. Trans should be good.

Goerend, will be hard to beat. He has been around forever and has the resources to make things right.

had an ATS i install in 09 and beat the piss out of it till mid march when i replaced it (47RH) with a 48RE with the standalone controller. tore it apart at ATS and there wasnt a single burnt clutch or steel in the trans. i beat on it ranging from 355hp to 993hp, there was multiple broken output shafts during the 3yrs i had it in

Two Firepunk trannys here. Don't have autos anymore but they will hold up. Firepunk will take care of you.

Sounds like firepunk is a favorite haha alright, i'm talking to Lavon now, feel free to keep posting and i'll keep checking on this for sure

I have an ATS stage 4 transmission. I like it a lot. Can't beat the 5 year/500k mile warranty!

A warranty is only as good as the company standing behind it.

The best warranty is the one you never have to use!

FPDFTMFW

^^^ For sure. That's why I had steered clear of ATS, heard lots of good things about the warranty. Problem is that means lots of people had to have it warrantied. Lavon may have just sold another trans if my schedule is clear

You won't be disappointed, just don't steal my core that's up there right now lol

BTW i was kidding, i'm not in a rush so if you actually do need to use that core you can

:stab: lol it's all yours, i'm gonna make a road trip out there and just have them rebuild mine, if our schedules sync up. I'm beyond ready to be able to get out of my own way tho, and soooo sick of mushy shifts and flaring

Back