What can all cause reverse loss?

dixon700

cummins fanatic
I have a manual valve bodied 47re. I haven't been able to use reverse more than like 5 times each time the trans has been "fixed". I thought I had it this last time with the converted 47re valve body and the superior super servo. This has been a Never ending pain staking process that has not been cheap. So any help will be much appreciated.

It's been the rear band. Been having issues with the shift cable staying in adjustment. Then the transmission was applying the rear band in 2nd.i Ireplaced the rear drum with a new factory drum and put in a Kevlar rear band.

If it is the rear band all the time either poor parts or something wrong with the VB. Other than the stock cast servos wanting stick in the bore and leak not a lot of problems with reverse or manual first on these transmissions. The band is already heavy and reverse has around 300 psi apply pressure stock.

I have spun lining off of the bands being cheap and tore them up by not making sure the drum was in good shape but not much else that wasn't self caused.

Are the motor mounts ok? How are the pushings on the shift linkage?

All of the bolts are still in the motor mounts, and the transmission mount was brand new when I first installed this trans so it only has maybe 1000mi on it. For the shifter and shift cable there are no bushings. It's a kilduff twister shifter with a 5' b&m cable. The bracket at the trans I built out of some scrap 1/4" steel. It runs from the upper ear and then runs to the lower bellhousing bolt. Now that I adjust the cable in 2nd gear I've had no issues taking out the back band, but I've had to adjust the cable 3 times in 7xx miles...

Back