jfaulkner

Douche Hunter
As the title says!
2005 CR ~114k
New stock injectors <5k miles
S300\S400 twins
Dual CP3's
Studs
Smarty on TNT level 3, torque on stock (also has TST but hardly ever used)

Daily driver, never pulled, never raced. Has been driven hard most of it's life but not at the time of the failure or since the new injectors. (injectors were replaced due to hard starting and smoke)

No symptoms up until complete loss of compression in 5-6 (by complete loss I'm talking <20psi). Piston's are absolutely perfect not even a scratch.:what:
IMAG0144-1.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

Headgasket has been leaking for a while... Ouch, that's gonna hurt. Looks like a new head is needed and the block is possibly toast.

that WONT buff out! sorry dude the bad headgasket ruined them. seen the same thing in a 12V with a Cometic gasket once.

Headgasket has been leaking for a while... Ouch, that's gonna hurt. Looks like a new head is needed and the block is possibly toast.
That's what doesn't make sense. It ran great, started great with the new injectors. No white smoke from low compression. It was like someone flipped a switch.

Had a bad connector tube (tip had marks) which would cause it to crank longer if it sat for more than a day. But other than that it was flawless.

Both block and head are both toast, pay to play I guess. :rockwoot:

Last edited:
It could be welded and decked, BUT it "should" be bored to get the cylinders round which means new pistons. it would obviously need to be pulle out and completely disasembled. I would think it would be cheaper and easier to find a used engine or even a short block

It could be welded and decked, BUT it "should" be bored to get the cylinders round which means new pistons. it would obviously need to be pulle out and completely disasembled. I would think it would be cheaper and easier to find a used engine or even a short block

Alot of that depends on which shop you use for a rebuild too. Some shops cant even legally change oil...lmao

for the block you could weld and deck the block and sleeve both 5 and 6. this would still mean pulling the engine, but you wouldn't need new pistons and you can have the bottom end balanced so that it runs smoother maybe even some 24v or 12v rods.

Weld it but like said it all has to come out! That is alot of miles of high temps in a small area. Like a super sonic plasma cutter! I had a valve cut in half once like a lazer went thru it! Still not sure what caused it probably tight valve

I thought long and hard about having it welded but then it still needs decked which still meant pulling the motor. Then it's a big "if" whether it would hold or not which means pulling it again. So I just got another head/block and I'll put it back together with new rings/bearings and sell it. I haven't really played with it in the past few years anyway. Probably buy a gas truck and find a new toy.

The new question is what to do with this junk block/head. Could make a table out of it:lolly:

find another junker cylinders 1&2 and weld front to back make the baddest straight 8 out there...... be a nice project for someone that hit the lotto.

Back