What Clutch for NV5600???

fordassassin

FordAssassin
I have my other truck I am building. Its time to figure the transmission out. It is a 6-speed NV5600 and the truck will make more than 700hp when I get done. It is going to be a Daily Driver and Sled Puller.

From what everyone has been telling me. I should go with a Southbend 3850. But I have heard that Southbend is on backorder??? I would like to get the clutch to my door before the 25th because our first sled pull is in February and the truck needs to be driven because don't have anything else to drive.

Also, while the transmission is apart. Should I put a Short Shifter? Whose?? BD or any other company someone prefer?

I have had both iron giants and 3850 from southbend, loved them both, even the 4200 was streetable to me.

This truck is a 2003 CR with a 305hp motor. Programming will be Smarty TNT-R / Edge EZ / TST 49

i would say 3850,and i have one for sale seems like the 3850's hold up better to dd

Don't waste ur money on a dual disc get a triple disc 3200 plate load with sintered iron from kennys and never worry about it, ceramic and feramic burn up sintered iron will take all the abuse and is very streetable and same price as a 3850 southbend and u won't need the hydros

Where can I contact Kenny at?A website or # be appreciated.

The trucks going to be a daily driver but will pull a sled here and there.Just usial boost launches and towing rig.

Valair1 you just impressed me. Gave another vendors number out and didn't try and push your product or say it was better.

Haisley Street Puller, and be set. Kenny's seem to be good also, but I have no experience. Haisley customer service rocks. Whatever it may be, sinered iron is the way to go.

Dan is a great guy true southern hospitality sintered iron all the way u will wear out the whole clutch before u wear the disc out and they are streetable. (606)-379-7490 is kennys #

Non weighted 3200lb plate load. Diaphram pressure plate bronze inlay and sintered iron disc nothin else but SINTERED IRON disc

Is it worth buying a short shift kit to go through the gears faster? Can I notice a tad difference with a BD short shift kit with Kenny's triple disk or is the Short Shift kit useless?

i don't think the transmission can shift any faster then I can make it with the standard shifter, but thats your decision. Quick shifting will put more strain on the syncros with a dd clutch, however after 135,xxx hard gear slamming miles my nv5600 is buttery smooth, and only slightly objects 5th sometimes when really cramming it.

Back