What connecting rods?

CumminsPOWER

"I'll go all in."
I'm tring to figure out which direction I should go. I'm building for hopefully 800 on fuel, then what ever nitrous gets after that. I believe I read years ago that the stock bottom end is good for around 800. Is that true? I know nitrous will put some extra stress due to increased combustion pressures. What are my options for rods? The $2,600+ for Carrillo or the likes, seems a bit steep for my needs. What are the best options for factory rods?

12v rods should get er done for you. Then you have to ask yourself if you are going to honestly stop at 800hp.....probably not. So you might as well fork over the cheddar for some quality rods while the things apart.

Yeah, that was kind of in the back of my mind. Several years ago when I first started building the truck, I had planned on 600. Then as time progressed I became more serious about adding even more air and fuel to make more power. Just kinda hard on the wallet when numerous other parts cost as much if not more. I was just hoping this might be an area where I could be okay with spending less.

Last edited:
Meant to ask earlier, but whats the difference between the 12v & 24v rods? Specifically 98.5-02 rods. Also, what casting country is it best to have rods and block from? The rods out of my 01 are from Mexico for instance, but I know theres several others like Brazil and England.

Back