What could cause this

ChrisNickerson

SingleCab 24V
Earlier back i bought a set of 7x.11 injectors with .30 lift. Some of you may remember all they did was stall on me. Sent them out to jamie a few times thought we had the problem figured out. Well i went to a dyno the other day it was a 2hr drive and the truck drove perfect but once i stopped it idled like sh!t. In drive it was really rough idling then in netrul it was no better. It wasn't like a loop just dropping RPM and coming back up. My buddy had a set of 7x.18's so we swapped them into try and they idle fine and dont stall when i drop it into gear. I don't want to keep these in because they all way to big for stock and haze way to much for me. Another kid put my sh!tty injectors in his truck and run fine in his truck, no stall, idle great. I just dont get it. Is my VP on its way out or what? Any help is greatly appercaited

Thanks,
Chris

Does it do it worse or get more noticeable as the truck gets to operating temp? A weak vp will start showing signs of like that when it get to temp.

yes with the 7x.11's it gets worse with temp. But i have had these 7x.18's in all day today and haven't stalled or come even close to stalling, i just don't get why my buddies truck with my 7x.11's doesnt stall when they did in my truck.
Another thing his truck idles at about 850RPM, mine only idles at like 790-810. Does that sound low?

Thanks,
Chris

does both sets have the same pop off pressure? one could be lower and the weak pump may be able to open them as compared to the other set.

Are you SURE the injector lines were tight? I've seen then snug but not quite tight enough and caused the rough idle and loping!

A weak VP and the added pin lift is a bad mix.

yeah i hear you there, after i tried another set of injectors 6x.13's truck runs great, idles at 850 doesn't stall or idle like sh!t. Guess it was just the long hunt for the right injectors. Now the big question is how much for life does my VP have. It only has 15k on it maybe i i just had two sets of junk injectors.
Any way thanks for all the input guys

Chris

I tried two brand new SO pumps one after the other and my truck would do the bouncing idle and die. Put a new II HRVP44 on and the truck run great. My only thinking is that the reman's were not made as good as the HRvp I guess.

Eehhh if everything else is right (check ur cross over tubes for deformation on the tips)... ur vp can't maintain pressure with that much lift....its dying... plan a funeral... and a party for the new shyt

yeah i hear you there, after i tried another set of injectors 6x.13's truck runs great, idles at 850 doesn't stall or idle like sh!t. Guess it was just the long hunt for the right injectors. Now the big question is how much for life does my VP have. It only has 15k on it maybe i i just had two sets of junk injectors.
Any way thanks for all the input guys

Chris

VP's definately gunna die... you should probably buy that other p-pump i have and get it over with already... you know u want to.:rockwoot:

Back