What data logger you using?

vader's Fury

What are you guys using and what are you monitoring???

I have been looking at the Isspro performax series with a data logger so I can swap gauges in cab if I want. It only logs at 5/sec though and I am wondering if that is enough?

Plan to monitor:
Egt's (least one each side)
Primary boost
Secondary boost
Rpm
Engine oil temp
Engine coolant temp
High pressure oil pressure
Low pressure oil pressure
Trans temp
Speed

May be more I am not thinking of right now.

I use the TS iPro data logger and love it. Nice big touch screen that picks up with your gloves on. I have sensors for damn near everything. Its real easy to view and read the graphs, has bluetooth to connect quickly to a laptop and stores like 99 logs before disgarding.

Pre and post intercooler water temp
Pre and post intercooler air temp
Pre and post intercooler boost
Pre and post trans cooler temp
Boost psi for all 3 chargers
Engine water temp
Rpm
EGT's x6
Oil psi
Had nitrous psi and a few others but don't run spray anymore.

A2D435A2-A288-4035-85F7-8A24E35C12D0_zpsxx0xvu8i.png

67059A81-C525-4136-832F-B153CBAE1C32_zpswepw40ce.png

What are you guys using and what are you monitoring???

I have been looking at the Isspro performax series with a data logger so I can swap gauges in cab if I want.

I run the Performax stuff. Be aware, you can add additional sensors without the gauges, and monitor them via the laptop (for tuning purposes). Further, I renamed the reading labels of the excel spreadsheet so I'd know easily what I was looking at.

I supplement it all with a GoPro looking forward from the rear of the cab.

This is a snipped pass log from a while back when I was messing with . . . . something. Drive pressure ratio IIRC.

WithDrivePressure.jpg

Last edited:
Edge insight is what i use. Spread sheet and graphing works good.

TS logger lets you quickly recall your max/mins and you can see around 20 items live time in the truck with you.

I run the Performax stuff. Be aware, you can add additional sensors without the gauges, and monitor them via the laptop (for tuning purposes). Further, I renamed the reading labels of the excel spreadsheet so I'd know easily what I was looking at.

I supplement it all with a GoPro looking forward from the rear of the cab.

This is a snipped pass log from a while back when I was messing with . . . . something. Drive pressure ratio IIRC.

WithDrivePressure.jpg

The last I knew ISSPRO only offered a 1 hz sample rate, which is crap. Has that improved?

TS logger lets you quickly recall your max/mins and you can see around 20 items live time in the truck with you.

The ISSPRO Performax system allows max to be viewed with the flip of a toggle switch as long as a guage for that channel exists. Doesn't work for the guageless channels mentioned above.

FWIW, the sample frequency for engine data aq is engine cycle, which I doubt any of the aftermarket companies offer.

To the OP, what you spend is what you get. I wouldn't spend $5 or $10k for a data aq system unless it is a dedicated racer or puller.

"The R82007 Datalogger is an add-on to the Performax gauge series, which includes 8 pressure (0-5volt), 6 temperature (resistance) and 2 thermocouple inputs sampled 5 times per second. The new datalogger adds to that an 8g three-axis accelerometer along with inputs for engine RPM and vehicle speed sensor, which are sampled at 50 times per second and recorded along with the gauge inputs on to a USB drive."

As found here: http://www.isspro.com/downloads/Instructions/IS210%20%28R82007%20Performax%20DLAST%20Datalogger%20Operational%20Instructions%20revA-Draft02%29.pdf

Last edited:
Back