What do you guys think?

CWbOyRDnEcK6

yea right
Workin on a project/daily driver right now tryin to make 1000hp at the wheels, got plans but not all of it figured yet...
TST PM CR, Van Aaken C5, dual cp3s, twins(which turbos?), BIG injectors, 6 inch stacks, o-ringed and studded head... what else or what would you guys suggest, by the way we want this on fuel/water meth only, no nitrous or propane....:st: :st: :st:

without nitrous, your going to have to have some big 'chargers, and daily driving those puppies is going to be tough.

I can think of only 1 truck doing 1000+hp on fuel/water only

how deep are your pockets?

I can think of at least one 898hp twin-turbo daily-driven megacab running around Monroe, WA. Tows and everything, no water/meth no nitrous, very little smoke

Alright gentlemen...I thoroughly cleaned up this thread. I trust it will stay on topic this time.
Personal attacks of any type will not be tolerated. Remember that before you post.

CWbOyRDnEcK6 said:
Workin on a project/daily driver right now tryin to make 1000hp at the wheels, got plans but not all of it figured yet...
TST PM CR, Van Aaken C5, dual cp3s, twins(which turbos?), BIG injectors, 6 inch stacks, o-ringed and studded head... what else or what would you guys suggest, by the way we want this on fuel/water meth only, no nitrous or propane....:st: :st: :st:

IF ur talkin about ur current truck

its possible... got 25K plus? but as ive learned quickly, thats only for the motor parts labor and what not, u can build a motor to handle 1000 hp, but what about the rest of the truck?

Factor that in and ask urself if its really worth it, im above 500 and buildin everything else and replacin parts that are worn and tired is gettin quite tiresome...

Rick

Yeah but your truck is 11 years old rick. Parts are gonna start getting tired and worn out. I don't know about a 1000hp truck but you can make a 6-800hp truck last on the street if you don't floor it everywhere and don't run around with everything set on kill. Look at how many high HP guys on here drive around everyday with that much power. I guarantee the reason they can is because they are sensible with the throttle and don't abuse their truck. Look at mine. I've got enough fuel to melt the motor but I rarely use it all and when I do I'm only in it for a few seconds. I could cause some serious engine damage with what I have but I don't because I don't use all the power I have everyday. I only use part of it.

BgBlDodge said:
Yeah but your truck is 11 years old rick. Parts are gonna start getting tired and worn out. I don't know about a 1000hp truck but you can make a 6-800hp truck last on the street if you don't floor it everywhere and don't run around with everything set on kill. Look at how many high HP guys on here drive around everyday with that much power. I guarantee the reason they can is because they are sensible with the throttle and don't abuse their truck. Look at mine. I've got enough fuel to melt the motor but I rarely use it all and when I do I'm only in it for a few seconds. I could cause some serious engine damage with what I have but I don't because I don't use all the power I have everyday. I only use part of it.

its very hard

on the worn out pot hole filled streets of ghetto laredo texas, to use my truck to its fullest potential. I use it as a farm, ranch and work truck, and a daily driver.. its so much easier when u have a truck with adjustable powerlevels and timing, IE ur 24V or common rail..

I understand that the truck is old, and i keep tellin myself that its just wear and tear, wear and tear, ok, i get it, But all of it gets frustratin.. and yes while im close to my 600 horse daily driver goal.. Im gonna have to give up the towing aspect of it.... cause i dont have the ease of control of adjustable boxes like u guys do...

Or i can detune and build a dedicated 450 horse daily driven reliable tow rig, that i had before that gave me no problems or broken parts... Horsepower is so much more fun tho.... but its also that much more expensive..

Will ppl keep trucks at those power levels as long as ive kept mine? some have and some do, i know i have. But 800-1000 horses? sounds unreal to me without comin to what im goin thru so much sooner than 200K miles...

PPl that know me, know what i use the truck for, and my personal friends outside of this forum can tell u as well, that my truck in town is seen as a sleeper.. IE dont F with it.. and 90 percent of those that have, have been shocked... not that many do anymore... and even then if im not here im at work... so my truck now sees 200 miles a week as way too much

Rick

This is true. But you could also install a valet switch but where's the fun in that. ;)

This truck is not bein done for me, its for my buddy, we are doing the labor with some help from Smokem hopefully, but im buyin a 96 that i have helped work on quiet often and its in perfect condition and its around 400-430hp

Back