What do you think of suncoast transmissions?

i dont know nothing good or bad about suncoast but i know a lot of good things about goerend

hey i thought you were giving up on the truck??? if your gunna spend $$$$ on a trans. do it good. Suncoast can do you up a good trans. but remember my first PM?? Goerend buddy. They really have a good trans ive been thru 4 and my goerend has 2 maybe 3 years on it and still drives like new. it goes into lockup faster than the RPM gauge can keep up

hey i thought you were giving up on the truck??? if your gunna spend $$$$ on a trans. do it good. Suncoast can do you up a good trans. but remember my first PM?? Goerend buddy. They really have a good trans ive been thru 4 and my goerend has 2 maybe 3 years on it and still drives like new. it goes into lockup faster than the RPM gauge can keep up

I'm pretty sure I'll go with goerend, just want to cover all bases, and I'm looking into the leagal stuff with a 1980-1991 suburban cummins swap.

I cant speak ill of the quality of their product, but I spent 30 seconds on the phone with Suncoast and bought a Goerend. I think service and attitude is important.

Good luck!

I cant speak ill of the quality of their product, but I spent 30 seconds on the phone with Suncoast and bought a Goerend. I think service and attitude is important.

Good luck!
I heard that a lot lately.. they seem to have dropped the ball when it comes to that

Goerend.

Never had better service nor a product. Absolute top notch product with top notch service even after one has bought a transmission from them. Would recommend them to anyone and have done so many times.

Suncoast has always done right by me and built a quality product :bow:

Now to throw a Fly in the ointment. Have you considered a Jeff Garmon trans? Heard nothing but good stuff about them.
Nothing wrong with Goerends too. I've put in a couple and had to call Dave on a Saturday for advice. He even answered the phone and walked me though the problem. ON a Saturday!

I'm running a Goerend here in the U.K great after sales real happy with it

I've had great luck with suncoast. We've been running the same stage 5 for over 4 years now, we sled pull 12 - 15 times a year with no problems. we changed out the torque converter for a higher stall this spring. Suncoast was very very helpful. i I'm a suncoast customer for life.

I just bought a rebuild kit from Suncoast for my 2wd 47rh, i'll have to see how it works out.
I've heard alot of great things about them tho. I did have a cust the other day that wasn't so happy with Jeff Garmon and the trans they built for him, but that was one of the first i've ever heard that's had an issue with him.

Good luck!

Thats def not what I like to see, got a name for the person that acted so poorly?

I heard that a lot lately.. they seem to have dropped the ball when it comes to that

There's been some changes going on in the sales dept that have created a little more stress than the salesmen are used to, we are trying to turn this around very quickly.

Glad to see you on here Dallas!! Can't wait to get my parts in and put em to the test.

He's in Idaho, but Dave at Ultimate Trans is good as well. Good service, great products. He knows how to build dodge autos right.

My trans has the suncoast heavyduty rebuild kit that was installed by TrannyTech in Miami, Fl and have no complaints about performance. Never had to talk to them but do like their product. I tow heavy on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Back