What ever happened with those CRT Manual VBs?

CorneliusRox

Seasoned Rookie
I haven't heard about them in about a year. Did everything get ironed out, or did they fizzle out? Just curious, not really interested in one personally.

They work great ! There’s a a pretty well known guy that’s going to be running one in ODSS this year... I have one in my truck, and have a buddy that has one in his. They’re working flawlessly !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I was talking with someone on this very subject the other day.

CRT and A&A Transmissions are about the only ones I would even CONSIDER for having any torqueflite related work done.

All the rest are pale by comparison.

Mark.

I talked to Mr. Cope the other day and there have been/are going to be multiple trucks running them this year. He says the kinks are worked out. Whether that really answers the question or not is subjective I suppose. At this point, I'd probably run one if I had a quick truck.

A friend of mine is running one his was one of the first ones built and had lock up issues. But John made it right been doing great ever since in a 700hp street strip truck.

Glad to see it's still moving. It was all over this forum for a few months and then nothing.

So did anyone race with one last year? I know he was working with Firepunk a bit, did any of their guys use one?

All the lockup speed issues are gone?

Glad to see it's still moving. It was all over this forum for a few months and then nothing.

So did anyone race with one last year? I know he was working with Firepunk a bit, did any of their guys use one?

All the lockup speed issues are gone?

Maryland diesel had one in their promod last year. No firepunk guys used one, and lockup issues are a thing of the past. He’s got them all figured out now. Planning on putting quite a few miles on mine this summer.

I’ve got 1500 miles on mine - weekend street/tow truck. I did experience lockup (actually unlock) issues but John got it straightened out. Just spoke to him yesterday about softening the shifts for my intended purpose. Probably not the VB I should have put in for my purposes but it is very fun to drive! I’m happy with his customer service even this long after my purchase.

There was some Facebook drama around this vb in past months. A few reputable racers that gave it a shot and had issues. Probably went mainstream too quick with this thing before actually working the bugs out.

I personally went 7.27 at 95.90 mph on his vb Saturday night. I would say I have 30-40 passes with it behind a 800 horse 12V shorty. Had lockup issues on the first Vb. John overnighted me a fresh VB and have no issues with the current vb. No lockup or transbrake issues so far

I personally went 7.27 at 95.90 mph on his vb Saturday night. I would say I have 30-40 passes with it behind a 800 horse 12V shorty. Had lockup issues on the first Vb. John overnighted me a fresh VB and have no issues with the current vb. No lockup or transbrake issues so far

Let’s see some video of a run

There was some Facebook drama around this vb in past months. A few reputable racers that gave it a shot and had issues. Probably went mainstream too quick with this thing before actually working the bugs out.

This is what I have seen. I have zero experience with John or his VB, I have just seen fast guys try them but not keep them, maybe those were early versions IDK.

I have one in my truck, It seems to function just like it should, I have the trans brake version. Brake holds great, and lockup is instant on/off.

This is what I have seen. I have zero experience with John or his VB, I have just seen fast guys try them but not keep them, maybe those were early versions IDK.

That's what I saw on here, hadn't seen anything on facebook. Curious to see if some fast trucks get on board or not and keep it.

I am hoping to get some track time with mine in the next week or so, if it ever dries out here. Needing to get my license passes done soon.

Hey guys, valve bodies are doing great. I came out with a 5 inch deep pan, a two stage converter dump system, and all valve bodies now can read converter pressure on both the front side and back side useing a gage or your RacePak.

Attachments

• 20191210_133553.jpg
    20191210_133553.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 0
Back