what happened??

Well the original owner died in 2001. His truck sat in the garage till october of 2008. I bought it may of 2009. And the wife only used it to get groceries. I really don't want to think the ball and spring is inside the pump. I'm going to do the fuel filter when I get home and make sure I'm not losing my mind about the spring and ball not being there

You need to get a new one then. One that can be taken apart and adjusted. dont get it from a dealer they are like $120 just for the banjo call Haisley they have them for $80 i think. Scary thing is wonder were the ball and spring is? In the pump? or did somebody take it out for some reason. From the restriction in the line you probably only have 10 psi fuel pressure. that thing should run circles around itself with good pressure

torktek has an adjustable for about $48.00 are those any good

i like my high performance tork tek OFV, it just has an orfice hole, ho spring or ball

but yes their stock replacement valve is a nice product

torktek has an adjustable for about $48.00 are those any good

No clue never seen or used one. I maybe off on the price havent bought one in a long time. I do know the dealer was alot higher then aftermarket

No one thinks it could be messed up governor springs or a bad injector?

I dont if the ball and spring are missing out of the banjo fitting. Reguardless that needs to be fixed first before the pump sticks and you have alot more to worry about then a little spudder. Put a guage on it and see what the fuel pressure is right now bet its no were near were it needs to be

No clue never seen or used one. I maybe off on the price havent bought one in a long time. I do know the dealer was alot higher then aftermarket

Name one thing the dealer is cheaper on than the aftermarket LOL

Name one thing the dealer is cheaper on than the aftermarket LOL

Acctually i have gotten some odd ball things from the dealer that were acctually cheaper then say advanced, auto zone and pep boys. When your in a pinch sometimes you have to go to those places.

Ok maybe I'm on dope. I just got to the shop were we have a stock 12valve we pulled from a truck 2 weeks ago. 145k miles. And I take the banjo bolt out. And there's no ball or spring.

So you took the banjo fitting off. Did you take it apart?

Ok I just took the one apart on the spare motor. So what do I actually do with this thing? And how often do they go bad incase this is the reason my truck is being durrrr

Typically they will stick open and just allow fuel to pass by. if it was me i would put the one you took off the other engine on your truck and see if it fixes it

Should I. Stretch the spring? Cause I kinda already did cause my buddy said go for it

Yea you can. It will just up your fuel pressure. As long as you dont go over 70 or so psi it wont hurt anythng

Can a stock lift pump even put that much out. Cause I don't have a fuel pressure gauge

So I replaced the overflow flow with a stock stretched spring. And I defently have more fuel pressure. But I still don't have the rpms or power. I turned my idle up. Its not as rough as it was. So what's next

Its amazing how a simple stupid filter can cause such a problem. Now with a new one on and a stretched out overflow valve. I see 3200 fueling fast. I really need valve springs and more air. Thanks a lot to everyone who helped

Back