What injectors to go with with a 2003 6.0

I think that what they're trying to tell you is this:

For a stock turbo and a stock fuel system, they're recommending stock injectors. They're more liable to be "good," meaning you won't have issues with them and they're under warranty for 12 months and 12k miles.

That being said, you can go with a bigger injector (155 or 190) on the stock turbo and fuel system, but you won't realize the full potential of these sticks until you upgrade either your turbo or your fuel system or both. And the 155's / 190's.

FWIW, I just replaced 8 injectors a few weeks ago. With stock sticks (running a 03 turbo and a custom tuned SCT).

--Snake

Doug definitely knows his stuff, but I personally think he hates injectors. I asked him about injectors a couple of weeks ago and the text I got back simply said, "You're funny." :kick:

--Snake

The text message started off with Happy Black Friday. And how cheap can I get injectors. That was funny to me. And this was after a few weeks of random texting from trying to find your problem. If you had the proper tools to diag the problem you wouldn't have replaced all 8 injectors.

You had cold starting issues. And a ficm that was down a few volts. If you had been able to do a power balance test and then narrowed down what was going on it would have been easier. You had some lazy spool valves. Since you said the problem went away when they were warmed up. If you wanted to throw some fuel in the truck instead of asking to fill up a prius I would have come up there. :poke:

Apparently I don't know how to use the english language correctly to convey that you can't send a malfuctioning injector to an aftermarket builder and have them "fix" it. *bdh*

If anyone asks me for an injector modifier recommendation or who does the best work. I simply tell them who has don't what to different injectors. Every person that modifies injectors has had a problem with them one time or another. I don't hate injectors. I hate when the injector builder denies they have a problem. Only Ryan Casserly has been the easiest to get ahold of and will quickly take care of anything that pops up. $.02

You bring up some valid points, and I've been schooled on a lot of stuff in the past month.

One of these days I'll get my head outta my azz...... LOL

--Snake

You bring up some valid points, and I've been schooled on a lot of stuff in the past month.

One of these days I'll get my head outta my azz...... LOL

--Snake

I have a 3 foot snap-on pry bar. And I'll even by drinks.

so if i was just going to replace all of them and pay the core charge for all brand new performance injectors that would be a problem? I am not sending mine out to be fixed or souped up im just straight up getting performance injectors to throw in

no offense but casserly is garbage, ive had their nozzles actually crack. Also, they don't flow as much as they say. RCD is the way to go!

yeah, we had good luck with them untill we got some miles on them, then we had 2 nozzles crack

Everybody has issues with somebodies stuff......from what I have read there are far more good reports than bad reports.

- casserly and elites i read are the best around for the 6er. I would start with new cores though. JMO

just remember,
-we must pay to play!

Back