What is a reasonable power goal with a stock turbo

BW Motosports

JUST SOME BROKE KID
I'm going to do head studs, ddp 90hp injectors, EFI Live, II 33% over reman cp3, fass 150 and exhaust, egr, blah blah all that good stuff but with the stock turbo with possibly a batmowheel if they are decent is 550 +/- a reasonable power goal ? While I'm at it here is the batmowheel worth the money ? Thank you all !!

The stocker is screaming with just a hot tune. I really would not push it much over stock injectors. Put the money you would spend on a batmo toward a good turbo. I have a truck running a 63/80 twins setup that makes over 80psi boost on stock injectors and pump. It has not been on the dyno, but I don't think 650 is out of the question.

Not to burst your bubble on the Batmowheel but I had a bad experience, check here Who's running a Batmo charger What are you feelings on it? , I've got an 05 CR with a S475/83/1.0 and it spools like a champ for a turbo that size and like 2000 Fummins said it makes for a really fun truck. Call Jose at Forced Inductions...he can get you a brand new S400 for not much more than the Batmowheel will cost you. And with EFI Live you'll spool it no problem at all!

With a s400 will I have to get a 2nd gen manifold, also will I be able to use a 6.7l intake or will i have to custom build one. I could work a single charger into my budget but no way on twins, not yet anyway. I want something that will spool decent because it is my DD more then anything.

With a s400 will I have to get a 2nd gen manifold, also will I be able to use a 6.7l intake or will i have to custom build one. I could work a single charger into my budget but no way on twins, not yet anyway. I want something that will spool decent because it is my DD more then anything.

Search on here! 6.7 will light a s400 easy. Belive you can use your exhaust manifold. Not shore on intake. No need for twins really unless you want big power.

Yes you would need a manifold with a T4 foot, or at a minimum buy a T3-T4 spacer. You'd be better off with a new manifold as far as spool is concerned. You can order or make your own intake, it's not that hard. But the 6.7 intake will not work. Your best bet is talk to Jose on the sizing aspect, tell him your HP goal and needs for the truck but the FMW 467's are a bada$$ unit for the price and they come with a race cover & billet wheel!

Didn't realize it was a 6.7, yea you'll be able to spool w/e you want with that engine and EFI Live. Check this video out. It's a 6.7 with the FMW 467....

[ame="http://s350.photobucket.com/albums/q415/blacksdieselperf/?action=view&current=VIDEO0012.mp4"]VIDEO0012.mp4 video by blacksdieselperf - Photobucket[/ame]

IMG_2408__99509_zoom.jpg

is this what your talking about ?

If so I could probably make it work money wise. Would a 30 over cp3 and the 90hp sticks do it for fueling this turbo ?

IMG_2408__99509_zoom.jpg

is this what your talking about ?

If so I could probably make it work money wise. Would a 30 over cp3 and the 90hp sticks do it for fueling this turbo ?

That's the one. That plus the EFI Live should give you enough fuel, when & where you need it, but it also depends on your needs for the truck. Is it your DD, do you tow, race, pull, etc. A good lift pump is also necessary. I wanna say the last I heard on pricing for the 467 is like ~$1,200?

yeah 1200 or so, but i want the polished with the ceramic exhaust housing. Im planning on a fass 150. The truck is my dd but ill be taking it to the strip and playing with the ricers on the street here and there. I will only pull once in awhile and not that much. As far as hooking to a sled probably not because I need it to last. Also I have never pulled and have no idea what I'm doing in that area.

yeah 1200 or so, but i want the polished with the ceramic exhaust housing. Im planning on a fass 150. The truck is my dd but ill be taking it to the strip and playing with the ricers on the street here and there. I will only pull once in awhile and not that much. As far as hooking to a sled probably not because I need it to last. Also I have never pulled and have no idea what I'm doing in that area.

Sounds like a plan to me. That turbo will support 700+ hp, believe it did 900 on an engine dyno. You're gonna have one hell of a fun smokeless truck, let me know how it goes once you get all this on. My setup is a bit different, 100% Exergy's & an S475, but I still DD mine around base and on the weekends so you should have no problem at all.

what are you doing for a tranny?

Sounds like a plan to me. That turbo will support 700+ hp, believe it did 900 on an engine dyno. You're gonna have one hell of a fun smokeless truck, let me know how it goes once you get all this on. My setup is a bit different, 100% Exergy's & an S475, but I still DD mine around base and on the weekends so you should have no problem at all.

I will let you know. It is going to be a month or so. Think I'm gunna have to sell my lb7 and keep the f150 to drive until the cummins is done so I can get that turbo and have a shop up here help me out with set up. Thank You all of you guys that had input. One more question that is off topic, do I run all new fuel lines with the fass system ? I looked on the web site but the desperation is not specific. I have also seen in signatures 1/2 inch fuel lines what size are factory lines ?

Back