What is going on?

Blk350on20s

Line em up!!
What is going on with my truck. Its been doing this for a while. It happens on the expressway when it starts to go up a hill and the boost starts to increase or when I get in it you can hear it fluttering like its letting boost off. Heres a clip of it cruising up a hill. http://media.putfile.com/DSCF0153

Ryan...check your boot connections..also look under the bent boot right off the turbo for a rip or tear in it. If not you may need to look into the turbo...the vid looks like its surging.

Its definately not surging because I would be able to hear it, correct? I was thinking boots. Maybe Ill just go buy the Banks Technicooler and call it good.

Welcome to the wide world of turbo surge.........
What you describe IS surge. It's stalling the compressor and blowing it back out the filter because the motor can't take in the amount of air it's trying to push when it's loaded up like going up a hill.
You can tune it out...it just takes some trial and error.

Mine did it when I was pulling my buddies boat.....

Ii think if you bought the banks big hoss with the PDA youd be all set

Robts said:
Mine did it when I was pulling my buddies boat.....

Ii think if you bought the banks big hoss with the PDA youd be all set
Great advice !

My truckie did it to, then after giving all my life's savings to GB I no longer had that issue. It does still hurt when I have solid food pass, but my truck runs great.

Go Big Hoss Bundle !

Rich- That is not good then. I didnt think it was surge because its not bad like the beans I had was when it did it. Ill have to do some tuning with Elite then. Thanks. Ryan

Well I talked to Ryan and a few of his buddies....Matt( the one who bought my VGT-ss) is driving it out to him right now. HE is stranded up north michigan. His VGT-ss we think is shot.....WAiting on feed back....It wont even build boos now,,,Ill keep you posted

If it is shot Im curiuos how old Tadd is going to warranty this one

Is there a warranty with his trubo

check out BD, ATS ect before you blow your life savings on GBE crap.

Pete dont laugh at a big hoss kit......I saw the Banks special on Trucks and I sold all my stuff(VGT-ss,injectors ect) because thats what Im going with.

Banks Rules

Back