What just happened....

bh10

Web Wrencher
Im driving into work, have a little under a 1/4 tank of diesel, stop in put a couple gallons in. About 2 miles down the road, the pedal gets hard, to the point where you have to use a lot of muscle to push it down. I get to a red light turn off the truck, turn it back on and at idle in park, its fine. ???

I get on the hwy, and the pedal starts getting hard again, not as bad as is was before, but still harder than usual, and I have zero power, its not getting fuel. I have 7x12, w/ a CDS pump and Weston's cut DV's and couldnt get any smoke at all.

Get to work, pop the hood and check the linkage which looks fine, so I manually try to move the throttle assembly and the damn thing barely moves.

So, anyone have any clues? I didnt wipe out my CDS pump did I or is this something else?

I had a problem similar to that and ended up being the throttle cable started fraying and was jambing up in the cable housing. A new throttle cable fixed the problem.

get some crappy fuel, or suck up some trash? if its getting restricted flow it will do that.

Shutoff solenoid or throttle linkage is loose. Check to make sure the jam nuts are tight on the linkage arm from the back of pump to the throttle spring where the throttle cable attaches. Also check that cotter pin is not interfering or causing shut off pin to not be able to go all the way up when solenoid pulls it up.

If the fuel shutoff solenoid is not up all the way, it will cause this. Since you restarted it and that seemed to fix it for a while, thats where I'm placing my money. Throttle is normally stiff when the solenoid is down. Lift it up, and you get free movement easily until the gov arm contacts the AFC foot, then it is stiff again.

Back