What makes a VP-44 flow more fuel

Generally, the P7100 mod is most effective. :Cheer:

dont have a cummins. just wondering because the pump on a 6.5 is similar to a vp-44 but a 6.5 pump doesnt flow much fuel so im wondering what they do to them. and no i dont want any 6.5s are crap, make good boat anchors, waste of money, blah blah blah. just looking for some pump mods they use in vp-44s that could possibly used on a ds4

I don't think that the Roosamasters on 6.5's have a solenoid that fires on every injection; I believe they're like electric VE's in that regard.

The VP44 has a solenoid that either opens or closes to engage and end injection, I have it written both ways in my notes. :doh: Making them give more fuel involves changing the signal going to that solenoid.

Timing is controlled through a PWM signal on a different solenoid.

They also have an internal transfer pump that provides fuel pressure to the pumping elements, regulated to 300 PSI at rated speed. For some reason I don't hear any discussion on any bottleneck that can provide.

Bigger plungers.
An instructor at school used to work for bosch and rebuilds them. He says he can make one flow 750cc but there is no warranty. It also cost 10grand. Not worth it but would be very interesting if it really could.

750cc from a VP44?

I have a very hard time believing that. Poor little guy would likely explode.

Bigger plungers.
An instructor at school used to work for bosch and rebuilds them. He says he can make one flow 750cc but there is no warranty. It also cost 10grand. Not worth it but would be very interesting if it really could.

VP44 not a P7100 Kick Start.

do the bigger plungers fit in the stock housing. any other mods to accomanlate the bigger plungers

How are you measuring? CC's/1000 strokes? Because if you have a big piston you can move a lot of CC's per stroke, it's just that it'll explode if you try to do it at RPM.

And come on... The crap I heard from instructors at school was more potent than bat guano. :poke:

Rotary pumps come down to reciprocating pumping elements at 3 times engine RPM as opposed to inline pumping elements reciprocating at half engine RPM. That fundamental fact will always be a brick wall of futile impassibility.

did the vp-44 have any restrictions that needed to be taken care of to flow more fuel other than plungers.

Back