What model had an ISB 24V?

bosshogg

Running with the best...
I must confess, I am a deere man, so I am not real good with my IH numbers. I need to know what models came with an ISB 5.9 in them. The dealer I work for has IH stores in indiana, and I can get IH parts easier than I can get cummins parts.

5.9's

AS far as I know, the 5130 and 5230 both had naturally aspirated 5.9's and the 5140 and 5240 both had turbo charged 5.9's. What I am not sure about is if the gear drives are on the front like a dodge or on the back. I am pretty sure they made rear gear drives for some ag motors but I think the above mentioned models were front gear drives. Maybe that will help.

I must confess, I am a deere man, so I am not real good with my IH numbers. I need to know what models came with an ISB 5.9 in them. The dealer I work for has IH stores in indiana, and I can get IH parts easier than I can get cummins parts.

How easily can you get cummins parts numbers? Usually, a case number is the cummins number with a J in front of it;)

Chris

AS far as I know, the 5130 and 5230 both had naturally aspirated 5.9's and the 5140 and 5240 both had turbo charged 5.9's. What I am not sure about is if the gear drives are on the front like a dodge or on the back. I am pretty sure they made rear gear drives for some ag motors but I think the above mentioned models were front gear drives. Maybe that will help.

Tractors of that age should be all front gear engines...only the 6.7L engines in the Case-IH and AGCO tractors had rear gear designs, AFAIK...

Also, pretty sure those tractors would be 12v engines. I would have to do some digging to see which Case's, if any, used 24v VP equipped engines.
Chris

I work for an IH dealership, when we get engine parts for tractors with cummins engines we have to get them from cummins.

Back