what next?

blackdieselram

i have a little over a month till race day and im wondering if there are any small things that most people overlook to get the most from their setup? i am going to need every little bit out of my truck i can get so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

60ft times. Soak your tires in VHT, or spray some on. It helps.

Nobody else, huh?

Ok Well, you can keep spraying nitrous past where it cleans up, and you'll still make more power...maybe only about 50 hp more, but more.

If you're in a race and not just looking for ET, try deep staging. Works better on a Pro Tree, and will give you a jump on your competition. Many bracket racers do it, no reason we can't, especially with big wheel/tire combos that have a lot of roll out. Does increase the chance of a redlight though if you're quick on the trigger as is.

I would but don't have the money for new wheels and tires right now. I need to get a roll bar put in this month so won't have a lot left

Does anyone know What kind of tires the super street guys use?

Class rules state that 4x4's must use D.O.T. approved tires. These are commonly called "drag radials" or "cheater slicks". True drag radials are built on a radial carcass and usually have a little tread and can be used on the street occasionally. Cheater slicks are essentially bias ply drag slicks with a little ribbon cut into them to make them DOT legal.

Last edited:
I have started looking for a set of those kind of tires but they are all under 30" diameter and the weight ratings on them are not very high. Do you know what actual tire they use that is safe for these trucks?

Back