What rpm's to leave the line at?

ElliotB_16

WHAT?
The truck is a vp44 6 speed dually with a haisley DD street puller. Tried pulling last night and left the line at 2000rpm but didnt seem to be enough :doh: rpm's dropped down way too far, how hard are you guys leaving at the line? or any suggestions to getting it going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7stSHTg61qQ

Rev it hard slip the clutch a bit to take the slack out of the drive line then step left!

till it quits revin

x2. a vp-44 is not going to rev to the moon. your foot should be flat on the floor when you start giving it clutch. dont worry its what your clutch is made for, your motor wont mind either.

good luck!

I'm guessing your fresh to pulling? Don't just stick your foot on the floor at the line. You'll look like an idiot bouncing off the rev limiter. First know what your truck will rev to and bring it to that point at the line with the clutch all the way in. Then slowly start letting the clutch out give it more throtle. Within 1 rotation of the tires you should be out of the clutch and teying to cram the pedal through the floor board.

I launch at 4360rpm, slip the clutch one tire revolution, then drop it. On a heavy sled, you will need more clutch sometimes, but don't get to involved in this step. Just let your instincts take over, you will know when the time is right. Alot of guys who "get laughed at" concentrate too much on what to do next while in the back of their mind they hear "don't make a fool of yourself"....leads to making a fool of yourself. I've been there before. LOL

i also have that problem dont over think it!

ive pulled a handful of times, but this is the first time with the new clutch. thanks for the input!

Not to jack the thread, but to those of you with p7100s what do y'all usually rev to when leaving the line?

I dont have an after market tach but my needle on the factory one on the dash is a lil past straight down. i am thinking about 4500 rpm

You'll like that Haisley clutch I have loved my last 2. As for as P7100 I am guessing what ever governor you have in and what your motor will handle?

Back