what size water nozzles to run?? and how many?

jones95runner

ok im gonna build my own kit since this is not on a street driven truck.... after callin cooling mist yesterday and gonna cost me about 800 by the time i got everything.....
keep in mind this is a dedicated puller 2.8 truck im gonna guess 800 hp maybe little more... egt gauge is only 1500 it pegs it out lol

here is my plan i have two sure flow pumps already 60psi with adj screw all the way in they say 100psi...? is this enough?? i was gonna hook them both up to realys triggers off a hobbs pressure swith prolly about 30psi.... guess all i really want to know wat size nozzles to run?? would four smaller be better than two large?? say run two small ones off each pump or one large off each??

i can get all my hoses and fittings from work so i really dont see havin to buy the whole kit just to come up with some nozzles when i dont need all the other stuff

I wouldn't think 100psi would be enough to run 2 nozzles.

I've got a 250psi cooling mist pump and they say to not run over 2 nozzles so it doesn't drop pressure.

Higher pressure is where your gonna get good atomization.

For your HP, I would definatly run 4 big nozzles.

$.02

I wouldn't think 100psi would be enough to run 2 nozzles.

I've got a 250psi cooling mist pump and they say to not run over 2 nozzles so it doesn't drop pressure.

Higher pressure is where your gonna get good atomization.

For your HP, I would definatly run 4 big nozzles.

$.02

well wat your sayin on the high psi with the atomization was preaty much wat i was thinkin... i mean we pulled friday night truck ran really well i jus was thinkin it wouldnt hurt to through some water at it....... jus say i ran one nozzle to each pump i have think that would be ok for now till i decide to drop some more money down?? or would that jus not be enough water to make a diff?

your going to want a 700 to 1000+ psi for the best results. look at schied or haisly or woodruff kit, that what your going to need. the 250 psi stuff aint going to cut it

well wat your sayin on the high psi with the atomization was preaty much wat i was thinkin... i mean we pulled friday night truck ran really well i jus was thinkin it wouldnt hurt to through some water at it....... jus say i ran one nozzle to each pump i have think that would be ok for now till i decide to drop some more money down?? or would that jus not be enough water to make a diff?

I dont think you would see much benefit with two 900cc/m nozzles. I have one 900cc/m on my 450hp truck and it slows the egt's down, but doesn't drop them. Im gonna add another nozzle soon.

your going to want a 700 to 1000+ psi for the best results. look at schied or haisly or woodruff kit, that what your going to need. the 250 psi stuff aint going to cut it

agree.gif

You'll prolly just be pissing in the wind....

Im running the biggest kit coolingmost sells. Two 250 psi pumps and four nozzles. It doesnt even slow my egts down. You cant even tell its working other than the tank goes dry. I would go for one of the big psi kits.

i ran this pump at 850psi with 4 jets from Haisleys last year. I am only going to have 2 jets this year with it though. Haisley sell 2 different size jets. mine are the smaller
the pump is from Northern tool. part #10721. The jets are from Haisleys, they are size .3 SS, 1/8
Last year I never saw over 1400*. that is when i actually looked at the pyro gauge! Hope this helps a little

what kind of line are you running with the big psi kits? is the braided teflon line good enough?

Garrett

ok im gonna build my own kit since this is not on a street driven truck.... after callin cooling mist yesterday and gonna cost me about 800 by the time i got everything.....
keep in mind this is a dedicated puller 2.8 truck im gonna guess 800 hp maybe little more... egt gauge is only 1500 it pegs it out lol

here is my plan i have two sure flow pumps already 60psi with adj screw all the way in they say 100psi...? is this enough?? i was gonna hook them both up to realys triggers off a hobbs pressure swith prolly about 30psi.... guess all i really want to know wat size nozzles to run?? would four smaller be better than two large?? say run two small ones off each pump or one large off each??

i can get all my hoses and fittings from work so i really dont see havin to buy the whole kit just to come up with some nozzles when i dont need all the other stuff

the other thing you need to consider is that if you are creating 60-70psi of boost you are only getting 30psi of water at the nozzle as 70psi is pushing back against the water. at least that is what cooling mist told me when I picked up my 250psi pump from them last year.

the other thing you need to consider is that if you are creating 60-70psi of boost you are only getting 30psi of water at the nozzle as 70psi is pushing back against the water. at least that is what cooling mist told me when I picked up my 250psi pump from them last year.

yea i understand wat you mean about the 30 psi is all you have after the turbo pressure is pushin back

you may want to research if water injection is right for you. I know some 3.0 guys weren't actually gaining anything. I think the most benefit is on decompressed motors, dual chargers, with boost levels around 125psi or so. Hope this helps.

P.s. We usually add fuel with our big injection pumps to get the heat where you want it. We run about 42 degrees of timing too..

you may want to research if water injection is right for you. I know some 3.0 guys weren't actually gaining anything. I think the most benefit is on decompressed motors, dual chargers, with boost levels around 125psi or so. Hope this helps.

P.s. We usually add fuel with our big injection pumps to get the heat where you want it. We run about 42 degrees of timing too..

we runnin 32-34 degrees of time'n motor is runnin in the 1800 1900 range..... i know im lackin on the pump....... next part on my list we runnin a 480cc benched 12mm wat come on the truck when i bought it..... we still run good around here with it...... but im tryin to pick up some cheap power if i can..... pump 3-4000.... water less than 500 i hope if i can get the temp down towards 1400 its gotta be able to make more power

keeping in mind im 20 years old tryin to work a 40 hour job......... not to easy for me to " add fuel with my little injection pump":doh:

called guy at devils own.... very nice guy told me to run one of his 220 psi pumps its a higher volume pump than the 250.... he said it only takes 40psi over your boost level for a nozzle to atomize right he said yea the higher psi the better it does but this will be better than nothin....... he told me to run two 14 gallon per hour nozzels off one of his pumps he said if its runnin 1900 that should be enough to get it down to around 1500 he said if i want we'll go from there but he said that will be pleant to kill the flame

so preaty much im gonna have about 200 buck in everything instead of havin to buy somebody elses high dollar kit....... it will be run like this next weekend i'll post a befor and after video

FLOW TEST YOUR NOZZLES.

Anything above 1 GPM has to be getting risky. My system is tuned to peak at 2/3 GPM, I stop seeing results around 1/2 GPM though.

FLOW TEST YOUR NOZZLES.

Anything above 1 GPM has to be getting risky. My system is tuned to peak at 2/3 GPM, I stop seeing results around 1/2 GPM though.

well 14 gph ends up being .2333 per minute so 2 of them would be .4666 should be ok.

If you want to believe what the company who bought the nozzles from says, sure...

But flow is determined by what the pressure on each side of the nozzle is; company specs may be inaccurate to begin with, and they have only an idea of how much pressures you have on either side of the nozzle.

The nozzle assemblies we build retain micron-rated droplet sizes at low injection pressures - made significantly more power with twelve 1.X gph nozzles running off a single Snow 150, which is basically a worst-case system design.

The nozzle assemblies we build retain micron-rated droplet sizes at low injection pressures - made significantly more power with twelve 1.X gph nozzles running off a single Snow 150, which is basically a worst-case system design.

so your tellin me if he told me 28gph........... then 28 individual nozzles would be better??? so basicaly spendin 600 dollars instead of 40 bucks and were the hell would i putt 28 nozzles at?

i could understand maybe on a intake runner style set up you could run two nozzles per cyl and use less water to get the job done but thats not my case

Back