what the next step

avoidedz28

I have a 2005 F-250 crew cab short bed so far I have hog 4" exhaust Afe stage 2 intake(considering changing to Volant) and the quadzilla 160 module. so far the truck has run 14.69 @ 91 mph that is with 3 people in it and the A/C on I am wondering what to do next. You guys have far more knowledge than I so I am looking for suggestions.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

Hello,

This is my first post here at Competition Diesel. My Welcome thread is [POST="9941"]here[/POST]. Please post all my welcome message there.

Thanks,
avoidedz28

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

sell the quad, Get an SCT from either DJ or Kermit and get a good set of gauges. is your truck a 4x4? also you might dump off the 3 people from your truck too and do a boosted 4x4 launch if it is a 4x4, and keep the AFE as it is really good and you dont need to spend the money on the volant, as your wont see any difference in performance if you switch air filters.

Welcome to CompDiesel.

It looks like you got the big three already done so I guess with your next round of mods you are looking at a turbo, injectors, fuel system, nitrous, tranny, intrecooler,headstuds etc.etc..
How much do you want to spend?

If you want to keep your warranty you may be at a standstill for a while. Hardcore stuff is hard to hide from the dealer, and not real practical to remove before a dealer visit.

yes it is a 4x4 and i did launch under boost. I only have 3K left on my warranty and is SCT really that much better

avoidedz28 said:
yes it is a 4x4 and i did launch under boost. I only have 3K left on my warranty and is SCT really that much better

yes it is much better

a friend of mine has an '06 and bought the quad 160. after a while of me reading a lot about the SCT at the other place, i decided that is what i was going to get when it came time. well, he bought it and it is a big difference. he doesnt run any custom tunes and you still notice it. lower EGT's, better shifting. just do it. :rockwoot:

The quad makes good power. I "used to" run it. I can tell you first hand that a properly tuned SCT is way faster. And the shifting, is like a completely different truck.

I have an edge trans programmer so the trans works great but what kind of fuel economy are you seeing with the SCT I see 25MPG with my quad

avoidedz28 said:
nope iit is a plug in programmer

no, he meant is the mileage calculation from the overhead display thing? because if it is, it's wrong, as soon as you add any kind of box/tuner, that thing goes wack...

yeah cause i can reset my overhead computer and be running 60 and let off and it will go to like 50 mpg...... LOL

BFD99 said:
yeah cause i can reset my overhead computer and be running 60 and let off and it will go to like 50 mpg...... LOL

i got cloth interior, so i didn't get the cool overhead thingamajiggy on this truck....

ok the edg tranny thing is junk, ditch it and the quad, sell them to someone on ebay lol, not dogging you or your truck just telling you what to do because you asked, ditch them and get a properly tuned sct ( i use ats's tuning) and then if you still want more get a set of stage 1 or stage 2 injectors from ats and one of there aurora gt turbo's then you will really be motoring, mid to low 13's probably, and if you still want more, spray it with some nos and you should be able to hit 12's.
and like everyone said hand calculate your milage, with a chip the over head deal is junk, my borhters cummins reads that it is only geting like 16 on the highway, we hand calculate and it gets close to 22 on the highway
robert
out

Back