what timing to run with my setup

kmkdiesel

what should I set my timing at, its a sled puller not everyday driver but stock head bolts and gasket going to torque them down real tight for this year then next pull the motor and build it right

215 pump #0 plate, afc, and starwheel full forward
4000 gsk 60# springs
h2e 63/17
370 injectors
iron giant clutch
custom intake and exhaust

If you get a good clamp load on the head i would go to 26 degrees.

So is it best to do this after it is hot or do it cold. I have a buddy that we want to try this on his 24valve. What is the limit andwould this be good for 50psi reliably?

So is it best to do this after it is hot or do it cold. I have a buddy that we want to try this on his 24valve. What is the limit andwould this be good for 50psi reliably?

from my understanding they will stretch more when hot so you want them cold, but I am trying to find the limits on this and see if my setup will hold up to this years sled pull season which I am betting it will.

bump it up to 35 lol it will hold .............. hows it coming ya getting ready to hook yet mine is still in a lot of pieces

bump it up to 35 lol it will hold .............. hows it coming ya getting ready to hook yet mine is still in a lot of pieces

almost there, my iron giant will be here tomorrow then just the injectors from justin and its ready except for drive shaft loops and weight bracket

Back