What Tires For Drag Racing???

dwitt0187

cummins parts guy
We are considering a little winter project here at the shop. The only thing we are having an issue with is what tires to run. So what would be the best tires to run. The truck is 4WD. Truck should be in the low 11s maybe high 10s

thanks
Danny

Are you going to be driving it much on the street? If its mostly for racing I would go with some drag radials
CompD Mobile Device

Toyo Proxes is what i have used before. Check out the M&H street drag series. My problem is i need a taller tire than whats available cause my gear ratio. The terra grapplers have never spun on me @15-18psi boosted launches.

What gear ratio are you going to wanting to run Danny? I ran my truck well into the 10's on a falken stz04 305 50 r 20. This tire is 32 inches tall and i am running 3 73 gears

running the proxes here with a 410 rear...mid 11's...a real good tire.

I've cut 1.50 60' times with MT Drag Radials. The M&H Nostalga slicks are not DOT, so won't work for a street class. The M&H cheater slicks are DOT, but very scary as the side wall is very thin for our heavy trucks. I didn't have a lot of luck with Toyo Proxies in the higher HP applications.

I'd run a 3.42 gear and a set of drag radials for the best traction.

I have tried MH cheater slicks and MH drag radials, the cheater slicks you do have to run at a higher pressure due to the lack of sidewall but they got me a 1.52 60' out of them, I also run the MH drag radial which got me a 10.15 run out of them.

I have both here and both are for sale if you are interested in them.

Aaron, how tall are those? And how much are you asking? with rim?

I have tried MH cheater slicks and MH drag radials, the cheater slicks you do have to run at a higher pressure due to the lack of sidewall but they got me a 1.52 60' out of them, I also run the MH drag radial which got me a 10.15 run out of them.

I have both here and both are for sale if you are interested in them.

pm me the price and do these come with wheels because we are also going to need them

Danny

what size wheel/tire combo? What was ur rpm at 1/4 mile and speed?

Curious as well. New motor is done now and should have some more go than before I got it. PO was running 325/50/20 proxes with 4.10 gears. I'd like to know what they're good for in the 1/4.

I run Mickey Thomson ET Streets. Cut 1.55-1.60 60's with them. Work great so far.

How tall of a tire are yall running for drag radials? I found some 28" tall tires and I'm running 3.55 gears, just wondering if it would be ok

Back