What to do about Shotty machine work?

Rob24vCTD

Well I found out that the valve job i had done leaks. So My hard start problem is due to low compression cased by the leaking valves. I went in and talked to the machine shop and the machinist said to pull it off and bring it in and he would make it right, Now i have to buy another upper gasket set and oil change. And to top it all off i just paid 250 bucks to have it diagnosed, and then 50 bucks to get it towed back to my house. Now i am in the process of pulling the head back off and redoing it because of the leaking valves, What should I expect from the machine shop? Should I tell him that he needs to purchase the upper gasket set for me or what, my trucks been down for three weeks now and two of those weeks were wating on him. What to do? sorry for the rant/long post.:bang

cut him!! j/k. I would definatly try and get him to pay for it. If he says he will ,ake it right, then hopefully he will

Take documentation in showing your expenses and time. Talk with them and see what they are willing to do. Most shops only warranty their own work. If push comes to shove you can always go to small claims court to help recoup your expenses.....

more than likely if it is a reputable shop they will take care of the gasket set for you. that kinda stuff can happen thoo

dont say a word until the head is finished!then speak your mind.you dont want the cook to spit in your food.know what i mean?you do have a lagit beef with them and they know it.what they do about it maybe how you word your concerns with them.

Had a v-6 done once, 20 miles out I stuck a valve. Took off the head went back, asked if I should take the other one off? Nah, this is a freak. 80 miles later the other side stuck.

Took it off, went back. He handed me all the gaskets I would need, each time, corrected the problem no questions asked. 6 months late a main cap broke in half.
I didnt bother going back!!!!!

Labor for the effort or other expenses? If you pushed hard enough in court, maybe.

The shop I work at part time makes good on mistakes...parts & gaskets.

Back