what to do dyno with 4.56 gears

outlaw99

Went to the dyno yesterday. could not get the truck to load properly.. I could only reach about 89-90mph with the 4.56 with od on. Im just wondering if there is a calculation for this.. or do I just need to put 3.73 or so back in to get a accurate 1 to 1 reading? Thanks Danny It a 06 with a 48re if that help calculations

I would say 895HP speaks for itself my friend.
Brandon

Its hard to imagine loading up with that kind of top end. How long was the sweep 3 seconds? Could run it to a semi shop dyno, they will suck it down steady state.

Well we put a 17,000lb load on it and she made a heafty 510hp....lol

c&c, its a land and sea dyno... it can load the truck to the max.. but I think the gearing is screwd it up..

c&c, its a land and sea dyno... it can load the truck to the max.. but I think the gearing is screwd it up..

If you can load the truck to the max, I don't think the gearing is messing it up.

Well how would you get a reading when you can only run 90mph? Idk the dyno runs at 7200lbs last about 4-5 sec. I hooked up od and then the truck acted lke it didnt want to rev past 3300. acted like a huge as load on it...

Well how would you get a reading when you can only run 90mph? Idk the dyno runs at 7200lbs last about 4-5 sec. I hooked up od and then the truck acted lke it didnt want to rev past 3300. acted like a huge as load on it...

Is it an inerita type dyno? If you can load it to the max then you should be able to load it so it won't accelerate.

yeah, he had it loaded so hard one time I couldnt get the charger to even light!.. lol Idk.. f dyno's...haha bowersock's with me on this one.. only a tool I guess. I made 90hp more with tuning so I did what I wanted to do which was tune and make more hp..I guess

He still let is sweep though? Or he could have been holding you over or under the peak if he didn't. The large load cells in OTR truck shops are pretty humbling.

Last edited:
He still let is sweep though? Or he could have been holding you over or under the peak if he didn't. The large load cells in OTR truck shops are pretty humbling.

It seemed like it would not let him go once he got up top lmao???
Brandon

yeah when he loaded it hard.. the truck would light to 3200 then puss out.. likeI had a 80k pound weight on the truck.. I didnt know what it was doing... the truck was making good power from 1800-3200 then I would always let off... it wouldnt keep going..

maybe 3200 is where your HP starts to drop off? So at that point your not producing more power to accelerate it faster, since if you would start to accelerate, you would travel down the HP curve, so the engine would then drop back to where it made more HP.

Last edited:
Yeah possible.. but if I dyno's in drive the truck made peak power at 3800.

Yeah possible.. but if I dyno's in drive the truck made peak power at 3800.
Did he increase the load on the dyno by the 1.44? That would seem to let the engine see the same load.

that was the problem when I was at the dyno I didnt know what the trans ratio's were to let he increase the load to make it accordingly.. Basically it was 7200lbs 4.56 gears with d a couple pulls then the same weight and gears in od. od made 70 more hp but seemed like a eddy brake hit that sob at 3200 in od. I mean I have dynod the truck last year and it made peak power at 3400 but still revd to 4000 and revd there fine.. thias just felt like a brake set at 3200 or so rpm

dyno

Put it on a better dyno that can be loaded properly. There is a reason shops like EEP and Beans and a few others are going with or have gone with Dyno Dynamics Dynos they can do whatever you would like and are the most accurate.
Usually guys get all down in the dumps on a very accurate dyno and compare their previous numbers and see how much they really made.

There is a Dyno Dynamics dyno in Kettering at QuickRev. Try that out and he will rent it out for a few runs or the day i know Josh at Woodruff Diesel had him bring it to his shop a few times for the day.

If you can't get ahold of him PM me and i'll drive by and give your info to them.

This dyno does work correctly, I have had my truck on it and had no problems. Danny, could your change in tuning have caused the rpm issues?

Back