What to do for an Allison to survive 500hp?

What can I say, I have the shift points tuned to where the trans lives and adaptive learn is off. I did burn up one clutch pack until I got the tuning right but it got replaced with stock parts from GM and only took a few hours to replace.

Lee, are you talking about a 6spd? You can get away with that for a while, but its not really a long-term solution, and it wont hold for long on an earlier 5spd.

Last edited:
you could put a trans go jr in and it would help but you have to pull the trans to do it so you might as well just put clutches and a converter in it too and just have it built and be done

i had my stocker survive 525 for two years, although the trans cooler was completely blocked with clutch material. which in turn over heated it and made me think i had totally toasted it, but found out it still had life to it.

i had my stocker survive 525 for two years, although the trans cooler was completely blocked with clutch material. which in turn over heated it and made me think i had totally toasted it, but found out it still had life to it.

your stock 5 spd did not live for 2 years handling 520RWHP. If it did you drive like a grandma and never get it into over drive

Back