What to do pull or lift motor

lowdiesel

As I mentioned in my last thread I am worried about engine damage due to bmk25. I am about to put truck back together after having head checked and surfaced,188/220 cam,push rods,injectors checked(1 bad) new 150 nozzles,t&c pump nodded (80% or so) s466, threaded casting plugs on head,airdog165, etc all this is new for truck so I want to know should I pull motor or lift to inspect mains. I looked at cylinders (visual) and pistons look good and still has cross-hatch on all cylinders. Truck has @ 50k on it so whatdo ya think guys/gals... I have 1 ton crane and head and turbo/manifold is off truck still...

IMO if it is torn down that far already, I'd pull the pan and look at the bearings especially since you are suspicious. If you don't, you'll always have that question in the back of your mind.

After rereading your post, I'm not sure if you're asking what to pull it with or if you should pull it to check bearings...

You can get the oil pan out with the block still in the truck. I have helped pulling pistons and rods out this way, but I can't talk to how much room you'd have to look at mains. I'd guess there would be room. $.02

Last edited:
Back