What Tranny blankets on a 48re?

cumminsbus

Reconstruction Era
Just curious what tranny blankets people were using on the 48re tranny in the Dodges.

Lets see some pictures :Cheer:

I have been looking too... RCI makes a universal blanket that is supposed to fit,, but I havent been able to confirm this.. also, do we need to run a bell housing blanket too (for drag racing)?

I have been looking too... RCI makes a universal blanket that is supposed to fit,, but I havent been able to confirm this.. also, do we need to run a bell housing blanket too (for drag racing)?

I found the exact blanket and had the same question. Where exactly do they want the tranny to be covered?

If the rules call for the blanket to overlap the RCI blanket will not work.

Thats the one I run, only in kevelar. That one is nylon and alot cheaper but weighs more, if your worried about wieght. Both are SFI 4.1

If the rules call for the blanket to overlap the RCI blanket will not work.

I wonder it two rci blankets overlaped would work?

There is enough room with two to cover the bell housing and tranny while being 6 straps

Do most people drive with their blankets on while daily driving? What does it do to trans temps while pulling?

I take mine off, It doesnt make any temp difference that I can tell while pulling but Im sure it would if you left it on for DD.

I dont know if 2 would fit? its tight just getting one on there. Lots of room on top but its a pain to get under the tv cable and shift linkage.

I take mine off, It doesnt make any temp difference that I can tell while pulling but Im sure it would if you left it on for DD.

I dont know if 2 would fit? its tight just getting one on there. Lots of room on top but its a pain to get under the tv cable and shift linkage.

How long does it usually take to install/unistall? I may have found a blanket but I would ahve to switch them in between pulls

Im really wanting to pull TTTPA class at whichita then run open also

It doesnt take that long about 10min to put it on 2min to take it off.

the one posted above looks like only a 3 strap. Is there anywhere online to buy these 6 strap blankets???

Back