What turbo are most people running?

Duramax2006

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
I know the ATS Aurora 5000 is the single charger of choice for many Dmax owners out there and is going to be my choice for both my 2006 and 2002 Dmax's when I build them. I'm a single charger guy lol dont want twins. I'm just curious what are most of ya'll guys running out there charger wise and how do ya'll like them for everyday driving, sled pulling and, a little racing I'm more of a sled puller though. Just looking for opinions on what chargers are liked and disliked.

THe 66mm s300s work real well for all around turbos wether a 71 or 74 turbine!

I am not a fan of the A5K, I would look at a garret gt42 or borg warner S400sx

I'm not knocking your opinion but to be honest I'm not a garrett or a borg warner fan sorry. Too many people are running garretts and s400 I'm looking for something different than the norm i'm wanting a crazy single setup but still want it driveable lol.:evil

I'm not knocking your opinion but to be honest I'm not a garrett or a borg warner fan sorry. Too many people are running garretts and s400 I'm looking for something different than the norm i'm wanting a crazy single setup but still want it driveable lol.:evil

I wouldn't really call an Aurora 5000 a crazy single setup. I'm with carcrafter on this one, I'd be after a good garrett setup.

And if you're not a Garrett or BW fan, who's turbo's do you like?

Thats a good hint as to how their turbos perform. And yes I run a Garrett:rockwoot:

Sorry to burst your bubble......but all Aurora turbos are Borg Warner based turbos, an Aurora 5000 is a S400/S300 hybrid i believe.

Well im not putting down any ATS products or anything, but I have seen alot of Aurora's go boom under alot of stress. Just my 2 cents.

My plane jane GT42 has been a great turbo. Not great for a daily driver and definitely not for towing. It lights pretty well over 2400rpm. I have heard the S400 turbos have a better map for smooth power (vs the peaky GT42).

I am running a Turbonetics 76mm midframe. It works pretty good. I am still ironing out some kinks. But may be going toa S400 or gt42 based charger for next year depending on how class rules are changed for next year.

I know the ATS Aurora 5000 is the single charger of choice for many Dmax owners out there and is going to be my choice for both my 2006 and 2002 Dmax's when I build them. I'm a single charger guy lol dont want twins. I'm just curious what are most of ya'll guys running out there charger wise and how do ya'll like them for everyday driving, sled pulling and, a little racing I'm more of a sled puller though. Just looking for opinions on what chargers are liked and disliked.

My vote is for the 4202.... The lag depends on the exhaust housing. *nx*

Back