What would you tell an old guy?

cashwheel

bolt on warrior
Alright D-Max guys I need a little help. My might as well be Uncle (Dad's best friend) has an 07 sierra classic LBZ. He asked me to set him up with a good mild power, ie. no tranny death setup, for a good price. So far I have

exhaust - 4" with muffler
intake - Airraid

For the tuner I'm looking at SCT and Flashpaq, but not being a D-max guy I don't know. I'm looking at them because they are both because they are under $400 and being retired and recently divorced I want to get him the best deal possible. Any thoughts or something I didn't think of would be greatly appreciated.

Oh I'm giving him a set of extra gauges I have so thats taken care of.

Do not waste money on the intake. Stock intake on an LBZ is good to around 500 hp. The diablosport predator is your best bet on the 85 hp setting; you could do 100 over and be good on the 6-speed.

Do not waste money on the intake. Stock intake on an LBZ is good to around 500 hp. The diablosport predator is your best bet on the 85 hp setting; you could do 100 over and be good on the 6-speed.

Good info, thanks man. I really need to figure the D-max's out, I'm getting more and more people that have them coming to me for upgrades.

I'm subscribed to all the GM forums on here so it sends me an email when someone needs help. Just let me know I'll give you my # if you ever need a quicker response. Chris

I'm subscribed to all the GM forums on here so it sends me an email when someone needs help. Just let me know I'll give you my # if you ever need a quicker response. Chris

I appreciate it man, You'll probably be hearing from me:Cheer:

That's what I was going to reccomend.

It might be a good idea to tell the guy to let the tranny "learn" the new tune with some runs at 50, 70, 80% before he puts it on the floor.

I drive like an old man normally and push T/H for when I want to get into it. T/H has a seperate memory of driving habits.

this is true also. 85hp setting won't require as much of a relearn a s say a 300 PPE but I'd give it ~30-40 miles of relearn

You were spot on, put the diablo on his truck with a 4" exhaust and he couldn't be happier. Thanks again man.

Back