what you think of GoPro?

IowaCumminsCB

In looking to get a video camera that takes good video with great sound of trucks and all other motorsports. I have felt with crappy audio for years and sick of it. So what you guys think of the go pro automotive camera?

they are all over teh place, extremely popular, a lot of stuff on tv is shot with these in action sports, I may grab one for self filmed hunting video work.

The GoPro HD is a good camera for what it is, but depending on your needs it might only be a partial fill. The GoPro is a very simple camera, it uses an aperture of 2.8 and a very very wide lens that is fixed, so wide that it has a hyperfocal point of 1 foot meaning it doesn't need to focus. This makes for a real good camera for closeup shots but it can't zoom in. The audio on it will be extremely amature, it uses a tiny omni directional microphone and a crappy AGC system. The GoPro is a good cheap camera to beat up but it is meant to fill in what can't be done with larger cameras.

There's all kinds of videos on you tube made with them. For the money I think it's worth a try. There's some videos on the site too.

Back