Whatever happened to Orange Crush?

Subman631

Does anyone know what happened to Orange Crush and if it is still in one piece and where it might be located?

ive been wondering about that truck too.... havent heard or seen much of it lately..

There was old chevy down the road from me had 350 in it. Idk if this is the truck u guys are talking about.

8u6ehe5a.jpg

They raced it at Muncie and Norwalk last year. It's still a beautiful truck. I think Chris was trying to sell it last fall so he could use the money to build a dragster.

They love some ron knoch and nadm.... So don't count on seeing them anywhere.

They love some ron knoch and nadm.... So don't count on seeing them anywhere.

Agreed no dought, My first experience with any of them was when I brought out the Black Truck to it's first event. Houston 07, I went to give the Orange truck some hard competition, the tech guy was all over my truck and ask what class Id be racing in, when I told him PS he found several reasons to not let me compete. Told me I had to run some expo. passes or Sportsman E.T.; I was informed by several of the racers that day that the tech guy was an Eric Mcbride and owned or was a part of the Orange truck and that's why I'd not be allowed to run them, they wanted a sure win. They did the still typical today lame solo passes for the check, wow exciting racing. I was running 6.20's to 6.40's in the 1/8th that day and made 6 or 7 passes. Not sure what they were running but I dought it was any faster. Just another awesome DHRA/NADM memory.

Agreed no dought, My first experience with any of them was when I brought out the Black Truck to it's first event. Houston 07, I went to give the Orange truck some hard competition, the tech guy was all over my truck and ask what class Id be racing in, when I told him PS he found several reasons to not let me compete. Told me I had to run some expo. passes or Sportsman E.T.; I was informed by several of the racers that day that the tech guy was an Eric Mcbride and owned or was a part of the Orange truck and that's why I'd not be allowed to run them, they wanted a sure win. They did the still typical today lame solo passes for the check, wow exciting racing. I was running 6.20's to 6.40's in the 1/8th that day and made 6 or 7 passes. Not sure what they were running but I dought it was any faster. Just another awesome DHRA/NADM memory.

i remember that.

i remember that.

John and several of the others were quick to feel me in on what was going on but it made it suck none less, I went to debut a new truck and win. To not give them to much info I was running my 1/8th out like I did every weekend and lifting there coasting the second half. Don't remember what the 1/4 times were like exactly doing that but seems they were still low 11's and high 10's. Look at how many years later it is and nothings changed. I cant understand that? Why would a sponsor back that rather than the great Outlaw groups around and of course Randy's great NHRDA. Exposure is everything to a paying sponsor, good exposure.

Last edited:
I raced chris probably 10 times, and he was the scorest winner and the biggest cry baby when he lost! The dude is a total dick.

The truck probably only runs 10 (still) and cant compete so he and greg dominate the ps and top diesel classes in nadm events.

Last edited:
That truck is made to look at and tell stories to people at shows that don't know any better. Not to go racing. Sweet ride though.

So are they in tight with NADM? Too bad if they have it running that they don't come to any NHRDA events.

I think Chris told me the best time the truck ever ran was like a 9.58 or something . They were always plagued with transmission shifting issues. I think if they ever got that figured out or put a Torquflite in it the thing would fly.

Best time posted. #15 off the Dmax list

15.Orange Crush 9.875 @ 139.41 -(9-25-07) - LB7 - TTS

Is it still owned by TTS? Or am I way off base seems I remember them having something to do with it? Also IIRC they had a complete tube chassis duramax truck as well but cant say i ever saw it run?

So are they in tight with NADM? Too bad if they have it running that they don't come to any NHRDA events.
Without a doubt.
I think Chris told me the best time the truck ever ran was like a 9.58 or something . They were always plagued with transmission shifting issues. I think if they ever got that figured out or put a Torquflite in it the thing would fly.
Must have been at an nadm test and tune. Never remember it going that fast... I don't see how it would be faster than anything thats out these days. Trucks haven't got slower.

Best time posted. #15 off the Dmax list

15.Orange Crush 9.875 @ 139.41 -(9-25-07) - LB7 - TTS
Sounds more like it.
Is it still owned by TTS? Or am I way off base seems I remember them having something to do with it? Also IIRC they had a complete tube chassis duramax truck as well but cant say i ever saw it run?

I'd say just a sponsor. Chris Calkins and Rod were the two that "owned" it so to say. Some sort of falling out there I believe.

Man, I never knew any of this crap. I always loved that truck, and I'm sure it brought a lot of guys into the sport. It sucks that there's way too many people like this in our little sport.

I remember seeing it run like 10.20 at 145mph back in '07....stupid Allisons ;)

Back