Whats a good pre-filter for between sump and pusher pump?

Gasoline Sucks

slow 12v
I am running a beans sump to a walbro 392 pusher pump and 1/2" line to dual feed the Ppump. There will be a regular canister filter between pusher pump and Ppump.

I want to keep junk out of the walbro pump. Does anyone know of a high volume pre-filter that I can use between the sump and walbro that will not starve the pump?

It looks like a canister filter can I just use that filter before the pump and nothing after the pump? I will be running this pump on a hobbs switch and it will only come on over 25psi and I have a check valve so it doesnt pump against the stock lift pump.

Thank you sir!

Last edited:
883282_502548846449201_2119397664_o.jpg

That a very nice setup.

Mine is gonna be more along the lines of a budget build and I can change 8 filters before that one pays for itself.

How do you like the sump and dual feed setup?

How in the world do you guys keep these pusher pumps from burning up? I've burnt two up with less than a 1000 miles on each.

Mine is going on a Hobbs pressure switch so it only comes on when I'm above 25psi boost. This way it will probably only kick on a few times a week. If u keep it over 25psi your going to break any speed limit in the United States in short order

my holley will go at least as long as a set of tires..the raptor better do more...mines right outta the tank to a stk pump thru the stk filter to hrvp..always 20 psi

The sump rocks! I never have to worry about fuel level like I did with just the Draw straw. The only draw back, Which I have rectified now, was a shut off at the sump for filter changes. I pieced this together with the hoes and -AN fittings through a local speed shop, the pump came from internet site for a steel of a deal( they have changed their price) and the sump I got direct from Beans.

The pre-filter is a great item with the sump because it is a lifetime filter. The canister comes apart so you can clean the stainless screen. I figured I would spend the money on changing the water separator/filter 2-3 times more with out it, so I say it has paid for itself. And that's damn near impossible with parts on these trucks:nail:

Summit sells an inline -8 an 40 micron. Flows 130gph and is only $27, I run one between my mechanical lp and ppump. As a pre filter you just need to get big chunks, I'd even use a 100 micron if it were me.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-230106

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Last edited:
Back