What's a good set up to run in the farm pullers 8000lb class

Rainey

Wondering what a good set up would be to run well in the American farm pullers 8000 lb class things I all ready have !
99 Lwb 6850 lbs now Dana's 80/60 5 spd billet input twin disk clutch 4000lb pressure plate ADR 1000 programer s464 just added a dhd snapped the dld first pull this yr 6x14 inj hyper drive fuel pump 70" traction bars 3:55 gears hd push rods 110 springs and arp studs adj stops in the rear to allow the 2" travel
I am going to build new motor this winter would like to have a good truck to run next yr let me know what changes I need to make thanks for help and info

I am thinking 6.7 as of now with 12 v b rods coated pistions p pumped !

American farm pullers association? If so street or open class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan on booth if drive line stay I am doing away with few parts I have now to go bigger !

To compete you will need a 2.6 engine and then spray gobs of nitrous to compete. AFPA rules are far from good.

A 6.7 p pump will be nice but you will need billet rods. 4.88 gears on 35in tires also.

I recently had a run in with their last points champ, I suggest being loaded for kill any way within budget if you wanna win. He sure is. I would stay with a 5.9 for the intended build (split block territory). The gears and tires are a good idea too. Oh, and a big turbo, gated if you plan on some gas.

I like running farm pullers it's alot fun i uslally do pretty good in both classes. And mines nothing special

Well waiting to see rules this season then go from there !

Well you'll need to put the biggest turbo you can find off a school bus on there. Then make an a/w cooler out of a beer keg. Spray at least two bottles of nitrous in er and you'll b right there with em.

Well you'll need to put the biggest turbo you can find off a school bus on there. Then make an a/w cooler out of a beer keg. Spray at least two bottles of nitrous in er and you'll b right there with em.

Better make that 3 bottles...and a healthy dose of stupidity.

That is the chittiest organization I've ever seen when it comes to diesel truck pulling.

Better make that 3 bottles...and a healthy dose of stupidity.

That is the chittiest organization I've ever seen when it comes to diesel truck pulling.

I'm glad I'm not alone!!

Don't expect the rules to change any. They haven't changed in 4 years and the person in charge of the diesel classes loves his nitrous.

I'm glad I'm not alone!!

Don't expect the rules to change any. They haven't changed in 4 years and the person in charge of the diesel classes loves his nitrous.

You have no idea what your even talking about. Why are you so butt hurt by the afpa?

You have no idea what your even talking about. Why are you so butt hurt by the afpa?

8000# Modified Rules
8000 lb. Modified Street Legal Diesel — 4×4

Revised – 2014

ALERT: Tractor & Truck pullers hitch opening size requirements: 3 ¾ inch front to back and 3 inch side to side.

STREET LEGAL DIESEL CLARIFICATION
Must have belt driven alternator, water pump, power steering pump, and dual fenders that cover dually truck wheels.
Street legal trucks that pull in Hot One Ton class must have an air kill.

DIESEL FUEL ONLY.
NO NITROUS, PROPANE OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED. SINGLE TURBO CHARGER WITH 2.6 INTAKE OR A FACTORY TWIN CONFIGURATION. NO DUEL FUEL PUMPS!!!!!!!
HANGING WEIGHTS NOT ALLOWED. ALL WEIGHTS MUST BE SECURED.
DOT TIRES ONLY.
STOCK DRIVE TRAIN ONLY. NO DROP BOXES, REVERSERS OR AFTER MARKET TRANSFER CASES.
NO RIGID SUSPENSION, STOCK SUSPENSION MAY BE BLOCKED, NO TRAVEL. (Updated 2014)
MUST PULL FROM A “REESE” HITCH. HOOK POINT MUST BE NO CLOSER THAN 48 INCHES FROM CENTER LINE OF REAR AXLE, 3.75 INCH OPENING HORIZONTAL TO GROUND. THE HOOK POINT MUST BE THE FURTHEST POINT BACK ON THE TRUCK. SLED STOPS ARE EXCLUDED.
26 INCH HITCH HEIGHT. HITCH OPENING SIZE REQUIREMENTS 3 ¾ INCH FRONT TO BACK AND 3 INCH SIDE TO SIDE.
TRACTION/LADDER BARS ALLOWED.
EXHAUST MUST EXIT STRAIGHT UP OR STRAIGHT DOWN, NO HOOD STACKS. MUST HAVE {if no muffler is used} 2 GRADE 5 OR BETTER 3/8 BOLTS ½ APART 90 DEGREES FROM EACH OTHER RECOMMENDED TO BE 12 INCHES FROM EXHAUST IMPELLER.
ENGINE MUST BE OUT OF 1 TON OR SMALLER TRUCK. ENGINE MUST BE OEM OR REPLACEMENT.
DRIVE SHAFT LOOPS AND U-JOINT SHIELDS ARE PERMITTED.
WATER INJECTION PERMITTED. NO PRESSURIZED BOTTLES.
TRUCKS MAY HAVE AIR KILL AND FUEL DUMP.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER REQUIRED!!!!!
PROTEST RULE: PROTEST MUST BE MADE BEFORE CLASS IS OVER TO TECH OFFICAL BY A COMPETOR IN THIS CLASS. IF IN VIOLATION OF RULES PARTICPANT WILL FORFEIT PRIZE MONEY AND POINTS FOR THIS PULL. REPEATED VIOLATIONS WILL CAUSE LOSS OF POINTS FOR SEASON AND BANNING FROM CLUB PULLS FOR ONE {1} YEAR.
TECH AND TRACK OFFICALS DECISIONS FINAL.
MUST BE LICENSED AND INSURED.
NO AIR TO WATER INTERCOOLERS

8000# Hot One Ton Rules
8000 lb. Hot One Ton Diesel — 4×4

Revised – January 2013

ALERT: Tractor & Truck pullers hitch opening size requirements: 3 ¾ inch front to back and 3 inch side to side.

ENGINE, RUNNING GEAR, AND CHASSIS MUST BE FACTORY ONE TON OR BELOW OR REPLACEMENT. ENGINE SWAPS BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS PERMITTED.
DRAWBARS ALLOWED.
26 INCH HITCH HEIGHT. HITCH OPENING SIZE REQUIREMENTS 3 ¾ INCH FRONT TO BACK AND 3 INCH SIDE TO SIDE.
DOT TIRES ONLY.
EXHAUST MUST EXIT STRAIGHT UP OR STRAIGHT DOWN. MUST HAVE 2 GRADE 5 3/8 BOLTS 1/2 INCH APART 90 DEGREES FROM EACH OTHER AND RECOMMENDED TO BE 12 INCHES FROM EXHAUST IMPELLER.
HANGING WEIGHT ALLOWED NOTHING TO EXCEED 60″ FROM CENTER OF FRONT AXLE .
DRIVE SHAFT LOOPS, U-JOINT SHIELDS, BLOW PROOF BELLHOUSING AND/OR SFI SCATTER BLANKET REQUIRED.
AIR SHUT OFF REQUIRED.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER REQUIRED!!!!!!
ALL PROTESTS MUST BE MADE TO TECH COMMITTEE BEFORE CLASS IS OVER, BY A PARTICIPATE OF THIS CLASS
MODIFIED STREET TRUCKS, WITH ALL SAFETY EQUIPMENT, MAY PULL IN THIS CLASS.
TRACK AND TECH OFFICIALS DECISIONS ARE FINAL!

I see one rule that has changed for 2014 per their website. I go to many of the club's pulls through the year and talk to many of the pullers. I can think of many trucks that break rules week in and week out that are never checked. I am friends with a few of those guys who break the rules repeatedly. Basically the only thing you have to pass to run street stock is no hanging weight and hitch height. Hot one ton has absolutely no rules. I'm not butt hurt, just tired watching/pulling in an organization that has written the rules to support one group of trucks.

Everybody loves pulling with an organization that is followong rules that are a decade old.

8000# Modified Rules
8000 lb. Modified Street Legal Diesel — 4×4

Revised – 2014

STREET LEGAL DIESEL CLARIFICATION
Must have belt driven alternator, water pump, power steering pump, and dual fenders that cover dually truck wheels.
Street legal trucks that pull in Hot One Ton class must have an air kill.

DIESEL FUEL ONLY.
NO NITROUS, PROPANE OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED. SINGLE TURBO CHARGER WITH 2.6 INTAKE OR A FACTORY TWIN CONFIGURATION. NO DUEL FUEL PUMPS!!!!!!!
HANGING WEIGHTS NOT ALLOWED. ALL WEIGHTS MUST BE SECURED.
DOT TIRES ONLY.
STOCK DRIVE TRAIN ONLY. NO DROP BOXES, REVERSERS OR AFTER MARKET TRANSFER CASES.
NO RIGID SUSPENSION, STOCK SUSPENSION MAY BE BLOCKED, NO TRAVEL. (Updated 2014)
MUST PULL FROM A “REESE” HITCH. HOOK POINT MUST BE NO CLOSER THAN 48 INCHES FROM CENTER LINE OF REAR AXLE, 3.75 INCH OPENING HORIZONTAL TO GROUND. THE HOOK POINT MUST BE THE FURTHEST POINT BACK ON THE TRUCK. SLED STOPS ARE EXCLUDED.
TRACTION/LADDER BARS ALLOWED.
EXHAUST MUST EXIT STRAIGHT UP OR STRAIGHT DOWN, NO HOOD STACKS. MUST HAVE {if no muffler is used} 2 GRADE 5 OR BETTER 3/8 BOLTS ½ APART 90 DEGREES FROM EACH OTHER RECOMMENDED TO BE 12 INCHES FROM EXHAUST IMPELLER.
ENGINE MUST BE OUT OF 1 TON OR SMALLER TRUCK. ENGINE MUST BE OEM OR REPLACEMENT.
DRIVE SHAFT LOOPS AND U-JOINT SHIELDS ARE PERMITTED.
WATER INJECTION PERMITTED. NO PRESSURIZED BOTTLES.
TRUCKS MAY HAVE AIR KILL AND FUEL DUMP.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER REQUIRED!!!!!
PROTEST RULE: PROTEST MUST BE MADE BEFORE CLASS IS OVER TO TECH OFFICAL BY A COMPETOR IN THIS CLASS. IF IN VIOLATION OF RULES PARTICPANT WILL FORFEIT PRIZE MONEY AND POINTS FOR THIS PULL. REPEATED VIOLATIONS WILL CAUSE LOSS OF POINTS FOR SEASON AND BANNING FROM CLUB PULLS FOR ONE {1} YEAR.
TECH AND TRACK OFFICALS DECISIONS FINAL.
MUST BE LICENSED AND INSURED.
NO AIR TO WATER INTERCOOLERS

8000# Hot One Ton Rules
8000 lb. Hot One Ton Diesel — 4×4

Revised – January 2013

ENGINE, RUNNING GEAR, AND CHASSIS MUST BE FACTORY ONE TON OR BELOW OR REPLACEMENT. ENGINE SWAPS BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS PERMITTED.
DRAWBARS ALLOWED.
DOT TIRES ONLY.
EXHAUST MUST EXIT STRAIGHT UP OR STRAIGHT DOWN. MUST HAVE 2 GRADE 5 3/8 BOLTS 1/2 INCH APART 90 DEGREES FROM EACH OTHER AND RECOMMENDED TO BE 12 INCHES FROM EXHAUST IMPELLER.
HANGING WEIGHT ALLOWED NOTHING TO EXCEED 60″ FROM CENTER OF FRONT AXLE .
DRIVE SHAFT LOOPS, U-JOINT SHIELDS, BLOW PROOF BELLHOUSING AND/OR SFI SCATTER BLANKET REQUIRED.
AIR SHUT OFF REQUIRED.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER REQUIRED!!!!!!
ALL PROTESTS MUST BE MADE TO TECH COMMITTEE BEFORE CLASS IS OVER, BY A PARTICIPATE OF THIS CLASS
MODIFIED STREET TRUCKS, WITH ALL SAFETY EQUIPMENT, MAY PULL IN THIS CLASS.
TRACK AND TECH OFFICIALS DECISIONS ARE FINAL!

I see one rule that has changed for 2014 per their website. I go to many of the club's pulls through the year and talk to many of the pullers. I can think of many trucks that break rules week in and week out that are never checked. I am friends with a few of those guys who break the rules repeatedly. Basically the only thing you have to pass to run street stock is no hanging weight and hitch height. Hot one ton has absolutely no rules. I'm not butt hurt, just tired watching/pulling in an organization that has written the rules to support one group of trucks.

I like the street class when a lot them run nitrous and I still beat them lol that's what I like

AFPA

99GreenCummins I see one rule that has changed for 2014 per their website. I go to many of the club's pulls through the year and talk to many of the pullers. I can think of many trucks that break rules week in and week out that are never checked. I am friends with a few of those guys who break the rules repeatedly. Basically the only thing you have to pass to run street stock is no hanging weight and hitch height. Hot one ton has absolutely no rules. I'm not butt hurt said:
Todd, not real sure on where you say for the modified class all you need is no hanging weights and a hitch height. After every single pull, other than maybe a few small fairs where help was limited, turbo inducer and fuel is checked at a bare minimum. There usually isn't time for doing a lot more than that but if something is brought to attention it gets looked at. So to say we let certain members do what they want is bullship. If you or your buddies have cheated in AFPA on a turbo inducer rule or for fuel you would have been caught if you made it too the top 5.....

I attended the Athens county fair where it was listed to be AFPA rules as stated on the Athens county fair website. Get there and the rules are changed, no big deal but were you not in the payouts in a 2.5 class where you ran an s467.

What's everyone's gripe with the rules? I don't agree with the nitrious in the hot one ton class, but oh well. It's not needed to get to the front. I built a truck to run in that class, because they didn't change the rules every week. I couldn't afford the drop box big rear end and 10k 3.0 turbo. I haven't ran it because I've just lost intrest in the sport of pulling. Do they have a good turn out in the diesel classes?

Athens fair book had nadm rules listed. I had a picture but deleted it. I hauled the truck over fully expecting to be dq'd. I had communicated with the fair board and they just told me that it will be the officials call and I was fine with that. I was told all classes would be measured. The main reason we hooked was for a hook on a few changes we made.....which resulted in broken parts and barely breaking into the #7 spot.

At Caldwell summer we admitted to the officials that we had an over sized odd ball turbo and we willing hooked as an exhibition pull after 2.5 and then hooked in open and got spanked.

The other pulls we have made were Marietta and the first New Lex pulls. Marietta had a young FFA member doing tech.....no turbo checks and I wasn't at New Lex but it was basically a FFA run brush pull. We do our best to communicate with the judges and keep ourselves covered.

What's everyone's gripe with the rules? I don't agree with the nitrious in the hot one ton class, but oh well. It's not needed to get to the front. I built a truck to run in that class, because they didn't change the rules every week. I couldn't afford the drop box big rear end and 10k 3.0 turbo. I haven't ran it because I've just lost intrest in the sport of pulling. Do they have a good turn out in the diesel classes?

I assume people don't like the rules because they are too simple and because they allow nitrous. In my opinion there is no point in have complicated rules if you don't tech, look at what is going on in the PPL thread right now.

I agree with you that you don't need nitrous to be up front but your gonna have to spend some $$$$ to get it there nowadays. But if nitrous is in the rules there is no point in
b@&!hing, I didn't see any of these guy who are complaining about the rules show up to the meeting to vote whenever they were thinking of switching the open class to COTPC 2.6 rules and 2.5 NADM rules for the street class.

Athens fair book had nadm rules listed. I had a picture but deleted it. I hauled the truck over fully expecting to be dq'd. I had communicated with the fair board and they just told me that it will be the officials call and I was fine with that. I was told all classes would be measured. The main reason we hooked was for a hook on a few changes we made.....which resulted in broken parts and barely breaking into the #7 spot.

At Caldwell summer we admitted to the officials that we had an over sized odd ball turbo and we willing hooked as an exhibition pull after 2.5 and then hooked in open and got spanked.

The other pulls we have made were Marietta and the first New Lex pulls. Marietta had a young FFA member doing tech.....no turbo checks and I wasn't at New Lex but it was basically a FFA run brush pull. We do our best to communicate with the judges and keep ourselves covered.

Todd go to the Athens county fair website and click the link for truck and tractor pull rules please. It's still there.:rules:

Back