Whats causing this?

Rob_Bones

I H8T ULSD
I have an 01 QCSB witha couple mods done to it. A few months ago the truck was making a wierd gurgeling sound coming from the heater. It sounded like somthing rushing through it. Come to find out it was a blown head gasket. I fixed the head gasket but its making that same sound again. Last time it filled my radiator full of my oil. The oil doesn't have any water in it and it's holding water just fine, and there isn't any oil in the coolant. I don't know what else could be causing this sound. Thanks.

-Rob

FWIW, that's normally when I know it's time to retorque & add more coolant. Kinda weird and a backwards way to do it, but it works for me.

And add some of that barsleak headgasket repair , mine does the same thing,,

You might wanna try opening the heater up and flushing the system that way. There might be an air pocket stuck in there.

Well, I found out what it was. It was my water pump. It couldn't have gone out at a worse time. I was on my way up to central california in the middle of one of the worst rain storms this area has ever seen, when my heater quit work'n. When I pulled over to check it out, the pully that runs the water pump was about to wobble off and it was crap'n coolant every where. Thankfully the nice folks at Napa had the pump on hand and had the tools to fix it, it all cost under 80 dollars. Thank god it wasn't my head gasket again...

Back