Whats it going to take?

old97

Whats it going to take to get a 12v to out run a 500 hp dmax

I have sdx5x14 3k rack plug no plate oring 16* and dv clocked
would a s366 do the job

There is alot more than just turbo choice here. you need to take everything into account. you need to have the proper tuning setup for every piece in your setup as well as account for weight differences between vehicles. A 200hp vehicle that weighs 2000lbs will probably beat a 500hp duramax that weighs 8000lbs. Do some research and use the search button to finely tune your setup to where you want it.

s366 might be a bit much turbo for what you want to do, i do a s364 also put the fuel plate back in and that will help you believe it or not, also if you don't have a reg cab long your gonna need more....it all depends on your setup and his setup......like if this duramax is lifted on 35's and a crew cab, and your stock hieght on 33's with a reg cab long bed, and you only have 450hp and he right at 500 if you have something that spools quickly you could walk right past him.

There is alot more than just turbo choice here. you need to take everything into account. you need to have the proper tuning setup for every piece in your setup as well as account for weight differences between vehicles. A 200hp vehicle that weighs 2000lbs will probably beat a 500hp duramax that weighs 8000lbs. Do some research and use the search button to finely tune your setup to where you want it.

this is the best answer right here

your tranny (manual or auto) its condition, and his tranny setup as well, if you are a manual and he is 500 proven you might need at least 600 or so to keep up with him.. provided he has the auto

Rick

both auto both33 tires his 4door mine 3500ex cab . Trading my hx35 for the 66 I mite can get the 64cover that was on it. If the back plate was mIlLed for a 66wheel . will the 64wheel still work what would I need to make the 66 work and run good
didnt think the rack plug would work with a plate in just

Last edited:
I dropped my timing down he pulls me on the top end about 3 to 3 1/2 trucks

you would want more timing for more top end, put that bish at 18*. sdx 5x.014's and a 66 probably aren't the best combination, some 5x.016's and a 66 would probably work out much better.

18-20* timing would definitely help. A 4k kit would help a little more. And a 64 would be ideal.

A dodge 3500 dually probably weighs more than all but the newest D-Maxes, so you'll need more than 500 HP to outrun a 500 HP D-Max.

On my 95' with stock 131 delivery valves and stock 160 injectors, upgrading to 024 delivery valves from DDP netted 50 HP to the rear wheels.

I'd expect a similar increase in power from the SDX delivery valves.

4 or 5k GSK will help as well as timing. 66 is going to be slow to spool and he will talk you because of your lag. what all are the specs on the 66?

Garrett

just wait him out, a rod is bound to fly out of that pos sooner or later

Back