What's needed to beat a 1000hp Hennessy Viper?

NPloysa

I was watching some videos on YouTube. I especially like the diesels and Audis beating Vipers. I know someone with a Hennessy Viper and thought, what would it take to beat a 1000hp twin turbo 2006 Hennessy Viper?

Can it be done, I don't even know what it's ETs are? Maybe a diesel dragster?

Nick

Remember this: 1000hp doesn't mean anything if you can't put it to the ground....I would be willing to bet one of the pro-street trucks could make that viper very nervous in the 1/4 mile

heck yeah, i bet they could, like darren morrison or stuckey:rockwoot:

That's what I was thinking too, how will it hook? I saw an Audi whip a Ferrari's butt, the Audi hooked with its AWD, the Ferrari slid around and slipped on every shift.

It is a pretty car though, I may have a pic of it somewhere, but haven't seen it run.

A lot of power and alot less weight. I have seen vids of guy in a yellow with black racing stripe viper turning 8.30-8.90's. He was at about 1100rwhp. It would be tough but badass if you did.

now doubt it would be almost impossible to keep up with on the highway but with a hot 11-10 second truck i think you could get him from a stop, i have raced many many vipers/vette's on the street with my truck (12.5's) and molested cars that should have beat me, they can't hook worth a darn on the street, now at the track with slicks and a good driver, that would be a totally different story
robert

I know my Viper truck does not like launces above 1300RPM's or it will incinerate the tires. Top ending it is another story.LOL But- if the Hennessey Viper is set up for strip and not top-speed then it would be questionable.... But flat out- no chance in hell.

that thing moves, but on the street with someone who doesn't know how to drive, a 11second diesel may hand him his lunch

alldiesels said:
that thing moves, but on the street with someone who doesn't know how to drive, a 11second diesel may hand him his lunch

Even on the track the driver is half the battle. Probably half of the vettes, camaros, mustangs, firebirds, etc. that I beat on the track are the drivers fault. A lot of them should be faster, but just don't get hooked up or just don't know how to drag race. My experience is that the ricer bunch are better drag racers than the yuppie sports car crowd. No offense intended, just my observations.

i know what your saying, i took a turbo'd viper one time, he should have killed me but i got him by like 5 lengths it was a joke. Alot of thoes yuppies can't drive
robert

What does it take to beat a 1,000 HP Viper....... I'd say 2,000 lb trailer should do it. :ylsuper:

partsguy662 said:
Remember this: 1000hp doesn't mean anything if you can't put it to the ground....I would be willing to bet one of the pro-street trucks could make that viper very nervous in the 1/4 mile

This 1000hp Viper was having a bad day

Big Blue vs 1000+ HP Viper

Billysgoat said:
Awwwww...da poor lil wiper got hith feewings huuwt LOL LOL

Especially after McRat posted it all over the interwebby :shake: LOL LOL LOL

Back