Whats next, now that H&S tuners are "done" with... ?

:umno: ???

How do you figure "sell more tuners"?

How many people buy DPF ON tuners?

Well... they sold a couple million dollars worth in a day and their new tuners will support MCC, so you'll be able to do delete tunes yourself.

So, I'd say it's going to help them sell a bunch! LOL

Out of fairness, I think I heard that the population of california is the same as all of canada....
Even here in canada, you can buy various things that have california EPA stickers on them.

"Warning, contains xxxx known to the state of california to cause cancer ...."
"Complies with xxxxx in accordance with california clean air resource board..."

yeah it's pretty dumb.

Wasn't that state in big financial trouble recently?
Where the heck do they get the cash to run this crap?
*bdh*

2010 state census calculated 37,253,956 as the state’s population and was expected to grow in the next year. VS Canada at 34,482,779 in 2011

These laws and regulations that are making this aftermarket world difficult in California are being lobbied by big businesses and business owners like our CEO. (Not to mention people justifying there jobs)

When 2006 and 07 came around we had an in house developed retrofit exhaust system with 9 in house patents that would comply with new fleet emission regulations. And who was at the California air resource board meetings? Our CEO...

If I was in his shoes, I would have done the same thing. Sell as many retrofit kits as possible.

California is like the EPA . Useless

Another thing that comes to mind, if it wasn’t for emission regulations, when would the p7100 be considered dated? We wouldn’t have CR engines, wouldn’t be playing with EFI Live, and companies like H&S probably wouldn’t be around due to lack of interest in the 7.3. It’s a double edged sword.

Another thing that comes to mind, if it wasn’t for emission regulations, when would the p7100 be considered dated? We wouldn’t have CR engines, wouldn’t be playing with EFI Live, and companies like H&S probably wouldn’t be around due to lack of interest in the 7.3. It’s a double edged sword.

You make a good point; without being pushed, diesel engines would be far less evolved. We might all be still driving around in tractor sounding units that pumps out exhuast vapour strong enough to make you're eyes burn.

IMHO, it did go too far, too fast though.
DPF technology to me seems like a back step, burning extra fuel for cleaner emissions.... when the industry that provides the fuel is largely to blame for much environmental damage.

It also seems backwards, that reliability seems sacrificed quite a bit on modern vehicles, because it take a TON of energy to produce a new vehicle, and also creates waste and emissions in the process. So even if you make cleaner burning trucks; if they need replacing more often, has any progress been made AT ALL? Or, is it an inside job to make everyone buy more vehicles, and cover up the scheme as something to look like an "environmentally concerned" motive?

It almost seems like a scam, and think about all the bloated EPA mileage ratings on new vehicles; what a joke that is. You go to a dealership, and they use that bloated propaganda to make you feel good about purchasing a vehicle thats supposed to get superior mileage to what you're trading in, and commonly it is not even close. So yeah, I find it really scammy, maybe it's all just a big conspiracy to boost the auto industry up.

considering the fact that the government convinced the majority of our population that stuff can be "free" like healthcare, food, etc... I am not the least bit surprised something this complex wouldn't make any sense to them. More fuel is burnt, more pollutants from batteries and manufacturing, etc.. but as long as it says Hybrid on it or is approved by CARB all is well. The type of person that works for the EPA or supports it has the mindset of "out of sight out of mind".

The last 2 posts were spot-on. And it IS all about buying more, producing more, selling more. Everybody wants to make more money, sell more product, and not worry about the future of our country/world.

Back