What's the high hp on stock turbo that anyone's seen?

CanadianCarGuy

There's a guy with a 2001 2wd 5spd with a stock turbo and stock injectors on the cumminsforum that claims he has 517hp to the wheels! And this is with used motor oil and biodiesel to boot! He claims low 14 second quarter mile times. Just out of curiousity, I was wondering what is biggest hp number you guys have seen with the stock hair dryer?

you CAN make those kind of numbers on a stock turbo, but how long will it live, and what temps is he pushing/drive pressures, etc also need to be looked at

WUnderwood said:
you CAN make those kind of numbers on a stock turbo

YOU CAN because your truck is a common rail, I highly doubt that any VP powered cummins can make anything over 400hp and especially with stock injectors. The 500+hp claim :umno: is BS in my book

CanadianCarGuy said:
There's a guy with a 2001 2wd 5spd with a stock turbo and stock injectors on the cumminsforum that claims he has 517hp to the wheels! And this is with used motor oil and biodiesel to boot! He claims low 14 second quarter mile times. Just out of curiousity, I was wondering what is biggest hp number you guys have seen with the stock hair dryer?
Not a chance with stock injectors without the use of LOTS of Nitrous but even still that'll pop the stock turbo...I got a tick over 400 with the stock huffer on my 98.5 with some 150 sticks/comp/water/ a few other things. In my opinion he's full of it. But I've been wrong before so...

12 or 24V

I had a truck to 446 on #2 and 496 with a stock HX-35/18.5 years ago, just your regular ole' 215 truck with 370's.........it's not that hard to do!

Peak EGT's on the road with water were 1550.

Jim

Not with stock injectors. Stock turbo with fat sticks and a shot of squeeze yes....

Did 440hp/ 960tq on my 99 5spd with a drag comp, Mach 2.5's, AFE and stock HX-35. This was done on Dumbars dyno in Indy 2005. The weather was pretty hot too.

I did 440hp/947ftlbs. with schied hot rod, jammer 3 nozles, and a drag comp. On TNT,s dynojet.

Did 478 when I had my stocker, corrected was 445ish with fuel only

As the thread goes on he apparently has bigger injectors, but his story is bogus has something smelly about, kinda like the smell of BS if you know what I mean.

Back