What's the most weight you've had in the bed?

This got me thinking of how much I had in it last week....6'4x8'x3' box filled over the top by a few logs with mostly red oak logs, some other types but all cut that day. Had to have been 6-7k lbs, SRW, air bags up to 90 psi and squatting. Felt a little heavy around corners to say the least.

This is a more typical load I barely feel.

Attachments

• KIMG0682~2.jpg
    KIMG0682~2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This got me thinking of how much I had in it last week....6'4x8'x3' box filled over the top by a few logs with mostly red oak logs, some other types but all cut that day. Had to have been 6-7k lbs, SRW, air bags up to 90 psi and squatting. Felt a little heavy around corners to say the least.

This is a more typical load I barely feel.

I don't have any pictures, but I had mine loaded to the top of the standard bed (and over) with pretty freshly cut/split oak last fall. It didn't seem that bad. I literally only moved it 200ft from my big pile (far from house) to my closer pile though. I know it had to be quite a bit of weight.

I'm out on business for the week, but I'll report back and see how she does with the gravel next week.

I had 300 gallons of liquid nitrogen, 55 gallons of diesel, and 20 bags of seed corn on my 2500 flat bed this spring. besides for being a lil top heavy it handle fine.

I have hauled 9k in the back of my 2007.5 chassis cab 3500 fairly often...but that is cheating compared to a truck with a bed.

I have hauled 9k in the back of my 2007.5 chassis cab 3500 fairly often...but that is cheating compared to a truck with a bed.

Holy cow! Do you have the 10lug 2ton axles? Do they all come with those axles?

nope...8 lug 3500. The frame and spring pack is way more beefy on chasssis cab

The wheelbase should be a good bit longer too so a lot of the weight isn't sitting directly over the axle. Better distribution is probably what's saved that rear axle from smiling at you.

Oh for sure...the extra 4 feet of flat bed is where the crew cab would be on normal lwb.

I have a few few scale tickets of over 18k...hehe

Last edited:
Here's what three tons looks like. It drove well enough. I stuck to 55mph roads. The tires were warm when I got home, but they weren't hot or anything crazy.

I'll be getting another load today.

1010151106_zpsiqtzubbz.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Some other stuff came up in between!

Went back for another load. They guy dumped the whole bucket in... He was new there.
Here's what four fcuking tons looks like... (the weight of my truck was double what the scale said originally. ~16k The first one was a pile in the bed, the second filled the bed.)
1013151702_zpszlsfsg1x.jpg

Leafs may have been bending the opposite direction, tires got pretty warm while driving only 45mph, but it made it and everything looks fine now that I unloaded it all. Drove my truck into work today and couldn't find anything that felt goofy.

On another note. I picked up a Polaris Ranger this year. I highly recommend one to anyone who's got some land. This thing is a work horse!
1011151105_zpszgdn4fg2.jpg

Back