Whats these 6.7's worth?

87Chummins

Busted Knuckles
As the title states guys, i found an 09' 6.7 out of a wrecked 2500. I feel like its a deal with everything from the intercooler, airbox, turbo,wiring and computer. Truck was an auto which i believe is the tranny i am wanting I n my conversion. Didnt the tcm become 1 with the ecm in 09? Asking price is 5000. Thanks for any input yall.

How many miles on the motor? The '09 came with the 68rfe auto, this would NOT be my first choice for any conversion project.

How many miles on the motor? The '09 came with the 68rfe auto, this would NOT be my first choice for any conversion project.

Care to elaborate on why not? 92k and engine was left stock. Im doin a conversion in my 88 crew cab and wanting a cr beit a 5.9 or 6.7. The 6.7 has got my attention for some reason but im still looking at pro's and con's on the 2 cr. A guy can use a different trans couldnt he and just do a reflash or no?

Thanks for the correction forrest. Been awhile since i had read that piece of info.

If you're keeping it bone stock the 68 should last a while with the proper tuning, plan on modding it beyond 500rwhp and I'd do a 48 swap. $.02

Just a complete 6.7 over 100k mi is running $5k around here. Im trying to find a cheap one to build....

Ok so that does seem like a fair price including the couple extra pieces needed for a swap. Thanks for the input fellas. Iknow a search would riddle this question but is there anything to start being concerned with one of these over 100k miles? Assuming no dpf and egr delete. And guys while imthinking of it do the cr also use a grid heater style pre heat or whats the pre heat setup like?

Long as i go and get it which should be Saturday squeezed it for 4000. Thanks for the help yall.

Man ima thinkin so! Long as he dont sell it before i make it down there to it.

Last edited:
Oops I didn't absorb all I read. The one in Scott Is a 2010 with 35k mi. sorry

Sounds like a good buy. I have found a few for cheaper, but they all needed to be gone through.

I was originally going to buy a used 6.7 and build it up, but after looking at cpp's crate motors. I don't think I could build it cheaper than I could buy it from Jamie. $5900 for a fresh, blueprinted, stock longblock. The cheapest I found a used 6.7 was $5000 for 104k mi. Then I would still have to buy the whole rebuild kit and rebuild it...plus all of aftermarket parts he'll throw them in just for the cost of parts. I'm asking about if he'll build it with carrillos and should ask about marine pistons. I think I may save up my dough and save some in the long run.

Can you hear it run?
If it wasn't deleted, I'd want a little maintenance history on it for my 5k.
A lot of these engines are getting problems by 100k, due to the EGR/DPF equipment.

Pull the oil cap and stick your finger, or dip something into the hole and see if it's just oily, or if it has sludge down there. Sludge means it's severely neglected, or has had major EGR issues.

Here's the result of double-idiocy, a sludged engine and a dumbass who kept driving it after it was obviously making noise:

Holey671_zps04e7142e.jpg

Mark.

They last awhile if taken care of like others have stated and I would deff do a RE swap if your gonna put power to it

Back