Wheel spec help?

sredish

Where am I?
Can someone help me with how this wheel is going to fit on my truck with 38x14.50's?

Anyone ran Incubus wheels before?

18X10 CHROME
8x170
-25 MM OFFSET
4.5" BACKSPACING

Not really familiar with the typical backspacing amount and the offset amount. Not sure what my cheap Eagle 16 inchers have.

37_12.JPG

Aside from my wheels being 18x9's they are the same offset, and bs. I get a slight rub on the leaf pack at a full lock turn, but not bad. Mostly low speed, bumpy, sharp turns, will caues a bit of rub.
I would bet you would have a bit more rub than I do since you plan on a 14.5 and I have a 13.5

Nice looking wheel!

My current ones are 38x14.50 and I get the same issue as you. Tires will be the same size, but the wheel is a different size. No rub anywhere except on the leaf spring at full lock. But, I'd rather that than have my tires stick out 5 inches.... Mainly, I don't want them sticking out stupid, I want them pretty covered like they are now.

Thanks for the info.

Your Eagle Alloys are most likely a 4.5" backspacing as well.

My Welds are a 4.5" backspace...38/14.50R16s:

115_1521.JPG

I drilled and tapped my steering stops on the knuckles to keep the tires from being able to hit the leaf springs. Maybe I should get a how to of that up here.....

DCSpecial said:
I drilled and tapped my steering stops on the knuckles to keep the tires from being able to hit the leaf springs. Maybe I should get a how to of that up here.....

yes, that would be a nice thing to do.... :aiwebs_032:

hoping to get these wheels very very very soon, like in the next few weeks. just to update. still have yet to find a single picture of these installed on a truck of any kind....

I'm thinking of going with a Mickey Thompson ATZ, anyone know how these have been wearing? It'll either be those or the Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrain, now that they have a 40k mile guarantee. While 40k is not a huge amount, I'll be satisfied with it.

Last edited:
thanks bro. yea, i'm going to measure mine but I AM going to do something about leveling it up. Not quite sure yet but I have a little bit to figure it out while its in the shop. I'll have it figured out and well be getting on it as soon as it's out. Also, trying to figure out what to do for tires. I can get an Xtreme All Terrain in a 40x13.50 and 40's were my goal so now's the chance, but I have to do a little more on the front than I wanted, or maybe some Bushwackers. I'll probably just stay with the 38's. Also fairly sure we're going to do a hydro-assist on the steering... just need a gearbox to mod the gearbox.

sredish said:
thanks bro. yea, i'm going to measure mine but I AM going to do something about leveling it up. Not quite sure yet but I have a little bit to figure it out while its in the shop. I'll have it figured out and well be getting on it as soon as it's out. Also, trying to figure out what to do for tires. I can get an Xtreme All Terrain in a 40x13.50 and 40's were my goal so now's the chance, but I have to do a little more on the front than I wanted, or maybe some Bushwackers. I'll probably just stay with the 38's. Also fairly sure we're going to do a hydro-assist on the steering... just need a gearbox to mod the gearbox.

go for the 40s! dude, i bet you can fit em with that ARB bumper or a DCustoms bumper (i bet he could do one with a winch mount) with only another 1" or so. :rockwoot:

let me know what ya do, i might not be a one man show but ill give you a hand if i can - should have the truck back by then as well.
heck i might just come to mooch :poke: still need to install the coolant filter setup at some point.....a shop sounds better than in the SNOW were getting now

I've thought about running 40/15.50R20s with my current lift.

Marty tells me I'm crazy though.

I told Kevin I want to test fit his tires/wheels when he is up this way in Jan. But..he has to take them off and put them on, he'd kill me if I dropped a lug nut or something on them LOL

As for tires....go with Toyos or Kuhmos

Hankook is comign out with a pretty cool looking M/T as well in the bigger sizes...

DCSpecial said:
I've thought about running 40/15.50R20s with my current lift.

Marty tells me I'm crazy though.

I told Kevin I want to test fit his tires/wheels when he is up this way in Jan. But..he has to take them off and put them on, he'd kill me if I dropped a lug nut or something on them LOL

youre crazy.
when kevin is changing over the wheels for ya, you should 'accidentally' call him denny..... and then tell him to do about ten more things LOL LOL

_CH_ said:
youre crazy.
when kevin is changing over the wheels for ya, you should 'accidentally' call him denny..... and then tell him to do about ten more things LOL LOL

I'm not crazy...they'll fit I tell ya. and in Jan I'll have some pics....possibly of Kevin's 40s on 20x12s tearing apart my fenders LOL

Did I ever tell you my idea for a custom fender to clear those tires???

I'll tell the assistant to detail my truck and watch the finger prints he's getting all over my new tire/wheel combo :lolly:
Hell dude, he's already thought of things that I can do for his truck while he's here :bang :kick:

LOL :D :doh: :Cheer:

DCSpecial said:
I'm not crazy...they'll fit I tell ya. and in Jan I'll have some pics....possibly of Kevin's 40s on 20x12s tearing apart my fenders LOL

Did I ever tell you my idea for a custom fender to clear those tires???

I'll tell the assistant to detail my truck and watch the finger prints he's getting all over my new tire/wheel combo :lolly:
Hell dude, he's already thought of things that I can do for his truck while he's here :bang :kick:

LOL :D :doh: :Cheer:

oh youre having people bring in trucks from out of state for some custom work now eh? :woohoo: maybe ill have him tow mine up there while he is at it :evil but you better not ask him to detail it, yould be done building another room onto the shop for him to sleep in before hed be done with the detail! :badidea:

yes.... sadly.... you HAVE told my your 'idea', and did i mention

_CH_ said:
youre crazy.
itll be bad azz once (note: once, not if) you get it done tho!

LOL :doh: LOL

Brad,
Yep...people from out of state are bringing me their trucks for DC Customs/The Darkside to do some work LOL
He wants some custom fab work done......that's $$$$$$$$$$ :D

I'm not crazy....more like a evil genius :lolly:

Scott,
cut-outs are okay......but I like the glassworks unlimited fenders a little more (not as much clearance though). If I make my custom fenders they should be pretty sweet though. But, they'll require A LOT of time with the plasma cutter, welder, and grinder :bang

wanna do some testing on mine... i gots the plasma and everything and can get you a plane ticket no prob.... LOL

i'll have to check out those glassworks... kinda like hannemmans...?

Back