Wheelie bar on fwd

madmikeismad

So mad
Would it help to keep the front from unloading? Or best just to run stiffer suspension?

Are you cereal? Did you go to Night Trips last night or something? Too much stripper glitter.

4 x 4? I discussed this same question with a chassis car builder after he watched my truck launch a couple years ago. He thought it would work, would have to be pretty stout set up. I never got around to building something as I got my junk back in the 1.4 60's.

Last edited:
Are you cereal? Did you go to Night Trips last night or something? Too much stripper glitter.

It would be for the vw LOL I'm trying to think of ways to keep the weight on the front without using 2x4's for the rear suspension. And you can only do so much with slicks and my budget.

I'm not talking about a full out bar, just something to keep the rear from dropping as hard.

This may be a stupid idea, but I'm tying to get the idea train rolling. It still needs tuned, so its not fast enough to need one yet, but I know people with cars that fast running 14.5@125mph LOL I may be able to try ideas on their cars.

Last edited:
Import guys have been known to run solid bars in place of rear shocks.

Import guys have been known to run solid bars in place of rear shocks.

I guess I could swap them out at the track. Really like to not do that though LOL Maybe I should just wait and focus on finding a cheap wrecked awd car.

Could add some brackets and quick disconnects.

Could add some brackets and quick disconnects.

True... That would be lighter than a bar also. And I could put them next to the strut, never have to remove it, just add the solid bar at the track. I like this idea.

Idk what the tightest you can valve a shock? Maybe you could make something similar to a reservoir shock but with a valve in the line? Close the valve, no fluid gets out and keeps it from collapsing?

As an aside, I've always wondered how a 4x4 drag truck would hook with an engine arrangement like this and some wheelie bars out back...just everything to combat weight transfer, and have the front end hook as much as possible...

4sale_05_02_papadakis_02b.jpg

As an aside, I've always wondered how a 4x4 drag truck would hook with an engine arrangement like this and some wheelie bars out back...just everything to combat weight transfer, and have the front end hook as much as possible...

4sale_05_02_papadakis_02b.jpg
That would be killer, not much room for that either lol

How many 4wd are really traction limited with a good set of tires?

Right... then put the weight in the worst possible place.

SMDH

Back