When are stock rockers not enough?

motorwood

Tooling along and broke #3 intake rocker today. Balanced assembly, fairly large cam and turbo, 13mm 5k springs. 45-5500 operating range.

Analyze how the rocker broke (parting line position/path and tear appearance), if its a more stout spring being used it adds to your stress throughout the body of the rocker. Other part than should be looked at is the pushrod.

Im running hamilton extreme duty pushrods. It appears the tear starts just beyond where the adjustment stud goes through the body. Its a new build, but the old rockers have been through a lot. Including a runaway resulting in a bent stock pushrod and broken lifter. Im considering scraping all 6 and putting on new stockers, as I dont have the funds for an SMT system and am not convinced the Harlands are much better than stock. I would appreciate opinions.

The general consensus from everything I've read and everyone I've talked to is just to run stock unless you want a higher ratio rocker. I'll be running stock rockers myself in my build.

Just my 2 cents.

Just realized your the owner of the world famous war wagon lol. My favorite truck of all time hands down.

Are you driving it still? Big cams and street use dont play well together

Back