Where are all the 12 valves for sale??

I'm looking for one too, just gotta be patient. So far I've looked at a few junkboxes for 5-7K....sooner or later you'll find one, but not like when diesel was $4.79 a gallon.

I have to laugh at threads like this...

Here is the main problem with 12v's for sale....

You all say what you want for your truck purchase and when owners look at this thread who may consider selling their truck they see someone who wants something for nothing.See the problem rises when a guy who does say his for sale,puts a price he is comfortable with on it,then in steps the buyer who wants the truck but at the price he is willing to pay for it.What many buyers seem to forget is that the owner of said truck may just have the "leave it sit and rot" before I give it away to you for that price attitude.They are owned,built,paid for already and no amount of beating may make some sellers come down when they have seen less truck sell for more.

There are LOADS of 12v trucks in my area for sale and some of my fellow club members have their rides for sale looking to move up into newer 3rd Gens.That being said you will pay premimum prices for clean,built and stick 12v's and unless your going to consider a schizzbox or find someone who doesn't know what he has,be prepared for sticker shock.

You say you want another 12v,all you have to do for that to happen is show the money and someone will show you the title.

Well Andy I wish I lived in the area! There are No 12 valves to speak of here in Ct.,at least that I know of anyway...I would gladly offer a reasonable amount to anyone who had a decent offering. I had one guy offers a 12 valve today and it was mint! Just out of the price range is all......

Took me 2 years to find my grail truck - and it had rust and was 8 hrs away. I have bought, driven, and sold 5 Dodge Cummins trucks including the 2 I have now, and have paid over kbb (and sold over kbb) for every one. They are still out there, but the 4x4 stick trucks are rarer all the time. I have never just happened accross one for sale under 10K in any shape, and like the guy above said - they are all pretty much paid for by now...

That said I see 2wd auto 94-96 trucks for sale all the time for cheap (3500-5K) here in Michigan. Might try craigslist in TX and make a flight down there - seems like there are always some for sale in TX...

Guy's please understand If I find a truck that I want I will buy it. I realy dont want a 24 valve I want a 12 valve but I do have a limit that I can spend. I have stated a fact at the time I looked there were little or none to be had. Today things have not changed much. I may actually consider a 24 valve and yank the drive train in favor of my 12 valve stuff..

Last edited:
I gave less than 8k for my 98 12v with a stick and no rust about a year ago, be patient... I had to look for damn near a year. (I also took a huge risk and bought it without ever seeing it and shipped it from texas)

I gave less than 8k for my 98 12v with a stick and no rust about a year ago, be patient... I had to look for damn near a year. (I also took a huge risk and bought it without ever seeing it and shipped it from texas)

Same deal - I paid 8 for my 98 12v sb qc stick - sight unseen, after looking on and off for almost 2 years. Just ended up being rustier than I thought, and more Michigan winter hasn't helped.

I looked for nearly 8 months before I found the 98 quad 4X4 auto.

I had to drive 300 miles to get it.

BUT I think the reason I was able to get it was the owner had it on Craigs List and failed to mention it was a cummins, let alone a 12 valve.

I emailed and basically told him I would drive out that morning and give him the $4K he wanted for it.

Bring a trailer and a handful of cash to my driveway and you can have mine :D

I had to fly from MD to MA to get mine and drive it back! Had only 78k though which was a big plus for me.

im lookin for one too

granted im savin coin for it little by little, but yes they are for sale, and no not very cheap in texas either...

96-98 five speed, regular cab 4x4 is what i want..

i already have a third gen that i less than trust right now..

I just bought a 97 long bed extended cab this week for $2500.00 . The body is rough but the seller gave me a whole complete body to go with it, everything but the cab. A long weekend of work and I'll have a pretty good truck.

I don't know maybe it's the East Coast maybe it's just bad timing? still looking...

Hey Guy's I Totaled my Truck a couple weeks back and have been looking furiously for a replacement and have had No luck at all? Is it just me or all these Gem's pretty much snapped up? Anyone have a source Loli'm looking for anything that has lower mileage prefer an extra cab but really will be happy if I can locate a decent truck. Have posted in the wanted section already I was just wondering if these things are becoming scarce or if it's just the time of the year.....

I have a 98 qclb for sale if your interested. tons of work done and tons of new parts. new tires. 17,000 obo

. Today things have not changed much. I may actually consider a 24 valve and yank the drive train in favor of my 12 valve stuff..

Schoust if you bought your truck back from insurance and still have a the 12V+trans, just swap it into the 2nd gen of your choice.

I got this one on Craigs list last year for $1,500.00...lol Funny thing is I know its worth 3500-4500 all day long..

This is its bad side the other side is perfect.. 254K on the odometer and gets 23-24mpg on the freeway..
0602090740.jpg

0602090741.jpg

There are alot for sale in MO still too... I find them all the time on CL and Ebay. Even a couple on here in MO.

Mines been For Sale for months and nothing. Its tough asking for more then book value as a bank wont even lend on something this old.

4965445963_8d09d6f507_b.jpg

i used crazedlist.org and did a huge search and finally found a 94 with low miles for 4K in virginia, good luck with the hunt

Back